The big addition to this release is the all new Story Arc View. Although it is not yet feature complete (the links between Story Arcs have not yet been implemented), it is still a big addition to Aeon Timeline. The new Story Arc view provides:
- A horizontal timeline, using a similar folding timeline algorithm to the Entity View, that compresses time periods with little activity, and expands time periods when there are lots of events.
- A much better temporal view of the timeline by placing all events at their exact location, and provides a visual display of events’ duration.
- Events can be split into different story arcs with simple drag and drop operations, making it easy to sort out the events that belong together.
- Story Arcs can be hidden and shown with a simple drop-down menu option, making it easy to concentrate on smaller sections of your timeline at once.
- The Story Arc View is fully integrated with the Entity View, sharing the same Hot Tags bar, maintaining selections as you toggle between views, etc.
This version also fixes several bugs found in the previous release.
Before downloading the beta, please read the Introduction and Beta/Forum Rules.
Please post all general bug reports found in this beta as a reply to this thread. Wish list items and discussion of other pending features belong in their own threads.
If the application crashes, please include the crash log and output from the Console in your bug report.
* Known display problem in Tiger where the date is displayed next to the overview bar.
* Known problem in Tiger where the split view grabber in the footer has no effect.