Wish List - Bulk Edit Mode.

Su
Sunny

Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:38 am Post

Hi Matt,

I was wondering if you had considered having the option of editing in a text based fashion?

When there is a great amount of information to be input, the option to do it in a bulk fashion, with only the need to tab between fields when inputing would greatly speed the process.

BeeDocs timeline has a "Bulk Edit Mode" option and I have found it far quicker than inputing an event at a time on the timeline itself.

I have absolutely no idea about programming, and no notion of whether what I ask is a simple thing or not, though I hope it isn't.

Another wish is the ability to generate some sort of a report of an event or series of events in narrative form. Some Geneaology programmes have this feature and it struck me that it would apply well to this scenario, especially when there are many characters involved in particular events.

The narrative description need be only very rudimentary. In "Reunion" there are predefined and user-defined phrase structures which apply to the information.

For example, for birth, the phrase structure could be "Name was born on date", or for a marriage "Name 1 was married to Name 2 on date."

It would be great to have some simple report which said something like, "At Event Title, Name 1 (aged age) and Name 2 (aged age) were participants, Name3 (aged age) observed, and Name 4 died at age age."

And if users could define the phrases it would mesh well for your plans to have user defined associations, i.e.: "On date, Name 1 got the hots for Name 2" :D

Once again, my caveat - I know nothing about programming. Reports would be nice, and I guess that they may be simple to admit on your existing framework, but please feel free to tell me just how wrong I am if that is the case.

Lewis

ky
kylewriter

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:08 pm Post

I'd like to second the "Bulk Edit" feature request.
-
Kyle

ma
matt

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:23 pm Post

Hi Kyle,
A bulk edit mode is already on my list of new features that will be added in time.

Matt