Exporting to PDF

Pi
Piratepug
Platform: Mac

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:47 am Post

Sorry to bother about this but I couldn't find an answer in any other posts. I love Aeon, so far, it's what I've been looking for for a long time. But I have one issue I can't figure out -- how in the world to I simply print the timeline that I've created to a pdf? I'm sure it can be done, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it using the export menu. Sure, I can export a pdf, but it ends up being a small, long sliver that only shows two of the arcs. And I'm not entirely getting the resolution setting because it doesn't seem to make much different, other than stretching the small band out more.

It's not a huge issue, but I'd sure like to be able to create a pdf that looks something like what I'm seeing on the screen.

Again, I love the software, so please don't take this as a complaint. I just can't get my head around this one area for some reason.

Thx.
Taking umbrage with the world, so you don't have to!

ma
matt

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:44 am Post

Hi,
When you export to the PDF, it actually creates it at a normal size, but it will naturally be a wide document.

When you open it is preview, they usually shrink it down to display it all on the screen. If you choose Actual Size from the View menu (approximate names, it may be in a sub-menu), then you will see it at its full resolution.

All of that said, I agree that the exporting and lack of a print option is an area that I will need to improve in future versions.

Regards,
Matt

Pi
Piratepug
Platform: Mac

Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:28 pm Post

Got it. I knew there was something I wasn't doing right (or wasn't looking at it the right way.) Now it works like I wanted it to -- timeline exported to pdf, then pulled into Scrivener as its own document. And it looks damn good inside Scrivener, too! Thanks so much!

Now let me throw something else out there. Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but when I was checking out the pdf export, there seemed to be a glitch. I had a test timeline created with three events over three arcs. I opened the export window, they were all there and checked, and exported. I went back and created another arc and two more events. When I attempted to export this, the two new events didn't show up in the first export window. I saved the timeline, closed the program, and reopened it and tried to export and they appeared that time and everything went as planned.

My question is, is there something I need to do when adding things to the timeline after an export to get them to be picked up in a subsequent export? (This might not be making sense, I'm really tired. Lol). Like refreshing between exports?
Taking umbrage with the world, so you don't have to!

ma
matt

Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:32 pm Post

Piratepug wrote:My question is, is there something I need to do when adding things to the timeline after an export to get them to be picked up in a subsequent export? (This might not be making sense, I'm really tired. Lol). Like refreshing between exports?

Sounds like a bug I will need to fix.

Regards,
Matt