Duplicating or exporting calendars

ke
kevinmog
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:03 am Post

I've just purchased Aeon Timeline and I'm very impressed by its ease of use. I'm interested in using a calendar that is a slight variation on the standard calendar. Is there a way od duplicating the standard calendar and making changes to the duplicate within Aeon Timeline or is there a way to export the standard calaendar, make changes and then reload as a new calendar?

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 am Post

What version of the system are you on?

On Lion, open the standard calendar, choose <File : Duplicate> followed by <File : Save>, which will bring up a standard dialog for saving a file in which you can give it an appropriate name. By default it will be called x-copy.aeonxml, where the x is the name of the calendar you have duplicated. This is the standard procedure under Lion.

On any earlier version of the system, presumably you just use <File : Save As> to achieve the same.

HTH

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.14.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iOS 12.3.1, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

ma
matt

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 am Post

Hi,

Mark - I think the OP is actually referring to duplicating the Calendar in order to create a new Calendar, rather than duplicating a timeline from that calendar.

And the answer to the question is that no, currently there is no way to duplicate the standard calendar. But I am in the process of fixing up some bugs etc. for a release over the weekend, and I am going to add that ability then (someone else has already asked about this).

Matt