[AT 1.0] Feature Req - Month/Year Dates

Ta
Tacitus
Platform: Mac

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:26 pm Post

Great to see AT has hit the shelves. :D I've paid the money and installed - thanks for the coupon code.

One point which I should perhaps have raised earlier, is whether it is possible to have a timeline with month+year only? I work in history and for some things a simple month+year will suffice, at least when trying to draw up an initial timeline to get a feel for events. For example government legislation, Acts of Parliament could be indicated in this way.

Would it be difficult to implement this?
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape

ma
matt

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:32 pm Post

Tacitus wrote:Great to see AT has hit the shelves. :D I've paid the money and installed - thanks for the coupon code.

One point which I should perhaps have raised earlier, is whether it is possible to have a timeline with month+year only? I work in history and for some things a simple month+year will suffice, at least when trying to draw up an initial timeline to get a feel for events. For example government legislation, Acts of Parliament could be indicated in this way.

Would it be difficult to implement this?

Once I get through the initial hump of the release and the extra support etc. that will entail, I want to review the various ways dates are able to work and see where I can add more flexibility.

I will look into this then.

For now, you can set your timeline to display Month Year (eg. May 2012) in the Timeline Settings date format - but obviously, the date picker, and generally dragging events around, will allow days all through the month.

If you keep a wide zoom, that may not be too important though.

Ta
Tacitus
Platform: Mac

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:57 pm Post

matt wrote:Once I get through the initial hump of the release and the extra support etc. that will entail, I want to review the various ways dates are able to work and see where I can add more flexibility.
I will look into this then.

Thanks Matt. :)
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape