Wrong weekdays in custom created calendar

Ur
Ursula

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 am Post

The weekdays in my timeline are wrong. It's a custom calendar, the same as the standard one, with Monday as first day of the week, i.e on top of the list in Calendar View.

The same dates in another timeline with the Standard calendar are shown with the correct weekdays.

Maybe the first mistake was to create a custom calendar, because the first day of the week isn't important at all.

How can I export the data to a newly created timeline? 'Export' does't give me the option to export to Aeon.

If possible at all (I couldn't find anything about it in the Manual), will the data be imported with the wrong weekdays?

ma
matt

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:05 am Post

Ursula wrote:The weekdays in my timeline are wrong. It's a custom calendar, the same as the standard one, with Monday as first day of the week, i.e on top of the list in Calendar View.

The same dates in another timeline with the Standard calendar are shown with the correct weekdays.

Maybe the first mistake was to create a custom calendar, because the first day of the week isn't important at all.

How can I export the data to a newly created timeline? 'Export' does't give me the option to export to Aeon.

If possible at all (I couldn't find anything about it in the Manual), will the data be imported with the wrong weekdays?

Hi Ursula,
You could try using Copy and Paste - select the events in one timeline, choose copy, and then paste them into the other timeline. To be honest, I am not sure if this will work with different calendars or not, but it might.

Alternatively, we may be able to edit the file to fix up the weekdays - they are not actually stored as part of the date, just calculated, and there is a setting in the file that determines how the weekdays are calculated.

If you send it to me, I will take a look at it and modify it for you, and if it works, I will write up some quick documentation and post it on support in case anyone else wants to do it in the future.

Matt

Ur
Ursula

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 am Post

Hi Matt, I will send you the file, but there 's no need to fix it for me, I entered only a few dates, so it's rather easy to copy and paste or write them again.

But maybe it's useful for someone who wants to do the same.

It doesn't matter if Sunday or Monday is on top f the list, isn't it?

ma
matt

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 am Post

Ursula wrote:Hi Matt, I will send you the file, but there 's no need to fix it for me, I entered only a few dates, so it's rather easy to copy and paste or write them again.

But maybe it's useful for someone who wants to do the same.

It doesn't matter if Sunday or Monday is on top f the list, isn't it?

No, it shouldn't.

When creating custom calendars, you need to set the "First Day of the final era" - effectively, what day of the week is 1/1/1. If this is set to the wrong date, everything will be out of whack (in terms of days of the week).

We should be able to fiddle with that value in the XML file using a text editor, and get it around to the right spot.

Regards,
Matt