Aeon Timeline - Now Available (COUPON CODE)

Jot
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:44 am Post

Scrivener + Aeon = Happy camper.

Thanks, Matt.
J

mb
mbbntu
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:09 pm Post

I've never used Aeon, but I've bought it. I know it will have its uses. Being "fostered" by Scrivener is something of a guarantee, in my eyes. But the coupon code really sold it to me -- can't miss a bargain.

Best of luck with it,
Martin.
You should judge people not by how close they get to the top, but by how far they have come from the bottom. Some people have a mountain to climb just to get to the place where others start out. (Me, 2010)

ma
matt

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:15 pm Post

mbbntu wrote:I've never used Aeon, but I've bought it. I know it will have its uses. Being "fostered" by Scrivener is something of a guarantee, in my eyes. But the coupon code really sold it to me -- can't miss a bargain.

Best of luck with it,
Martin.

Thanks, but I wish you'd tried it out first! Hopefully you will find uses for it.

I should also point out that although Keith has kindly fostered Aeon, it has none of Scrivener's genes or upbringing (well, codebase or developers), it just lives in the attic of the share house.

I am striving to live up to the standard though.

Matt

mb
mbbntu

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 pm Post

I've been knocking around the forums for a long while, so I've been aware of the development of Aeon since the beginning, and I do research in history, so I've had it in the back of my mind that it would come in handy. I'm sure it will be useful. The genes might not be the same, but they do not determine outcome -- fostering is very powerful.

Martin.
You should judge people not by how close they get to the top, but by how far they have come from the bottom. Some people have a mountain to climb just to get to the place where others start out. (Me, 2010)

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:57 pm Post

Echoing what Martin says ...

Having followed the development from the beginning through this forum, it is clear that the culture of quality and support found with Scrivener has been passed onto Aeon, whether it is through genes or not.

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.14.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iOS 12.3.1, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

Lord Lightning

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:38 am Post

Yes!

:D

This is like the Zen brick in the wall that reveals the entire city.

PS Might be an idea to make sample timelines available and easy to locate.
Lord Lightning

I'm a writer. I create worlds!
When I make a declarative statement it applies to ME. Not to everyone.

ma
matt

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:17 am Post

Hi LL,

I had planned to work on getting some sample timeline files available this weekend.

Then Keith's email went out, and all sorts of support hell broke loose as I got emails from everybody, and about 4 bugs I have had to fix in the last 6 hours.

Still, there is always Sunday for some sample files!

Matt

igregor

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:00 am Post

Hi Matt.

When you consider features for inclusion in a future update/upgrade I suggest some way to aggregate small clusters of events into chapters or scenes or some other grouping at a lower level than arc. I've tried color coding and not happy with results (too large a spectrum -- tough to keep straight).

Thanks.

Greg
-- iGregor

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:42 pm Post

I suppose it's not gonna cost me anything, if I congratulate you on a job well done, and wish you a barrow load of muck (oops sorry :oops:) luck and success with Aeon. Shame y' didn't take up my suggestion of little icons of: Wallabies; kangaroos; dingoes; wombats; possums; bandicoots and camels, ect., for use with Aeon.
When I've worked my way through the Tutorial for Scrivener vs 1.0, I may download Aeon, if I can figure out how to do it. :?
Good Luck.
Take care
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

je
jedipencil
Platform: Windows

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:21 pm Post

I love my Scrivener, and am really looking forward to try Timeline. Please forgive the silly question, in case I've missed an answer already posted, but will Timeline work on Windows?

xiamenese

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:28 pm Post

To save Matt time in the flood of activity this weekend, simple answer:

No, it's Mac only for the moment, though he has said he'd be interested in developing it for Windows when time, etc. become available.

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.14.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iOS 12.3.1, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

je
jedipencil
Platform: Windows

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:13 pm Post

Ah... Thank you for the reply! Hopefully a Windows version will happen when he's able.

ma
matt

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:41 pm Post

vic-k wrote:I suppose it's not gonna cost me anything, if I congratulate you on a job well done, and wish you a barrow load of muck (oops sorry :oops:) luck and success with Aeon. Shame y' didn't take up my suggestion of little icons of: Wallabies; kangaroos; dingoes; wombats; possums; bandicoots and camels, ect., for use with Aeon.
When I've worked my way through the Tutorial for Scrivener vs 1.0, I may download Aeon, if I can figure out how to do it. :?
Good Luck.
Take care
Vic

Hi Vic,
You will probably struggle to figure it out... The window appears upside down when looking from the Northern Hemisphere :mrgreen:

Mat

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:15 am Post

matt wrote: The window appears upside down when looking from the Northern Hemisphere
Ahha! Forewarned is forearmed!! :) All I have t'do, then, is stand on me 'ead, or turn the laptop upside down. So...there y' go...sorted...init? :wink:
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Be
BenjaminJ

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:11 pm Post

Purchased and synced with Scriviner. Love it!