Aeon Timeline - Now Available (COUPON CODE)

ma
matt

Thu May 31, 2012 2:33 pm Post

Hi All,
The official commercial release of Aeon Timeline has just been uploaded, and you can now purchase the commercial version of Aeon Timeline via our website: http://www.scribblecode.com

Aeon Timeline has been priced at $US40, but you can obtain a 20% discount until June 30 by using the following coupon code when completing your order: SCRIV TIMELINE.

The application can be downloaded as a trial version, which allows for 20 days of actual use (in the same vein as the Scrivener trial) before requiring you to purchase the application.

If you haven't looked at Aeon Timeline previously, or have not kept up to date with the more recent betas, now might be a good time to take another look.

I would like to thank everyone who took part with our beta testing, and also Keith for allowing our presence to remain on this forum for so long. This coupon code is our way of saying thank you for the support.

As soon as the dust settles on this first release, I will begin working on version 1.1 to implement some of the good suggested features that have been put on hold while I worked towards a stable commercial product.

So please, keep making feature suggestions and providing feedback and bug reports. I will be working hard to open up appropriate support channels etc. over the coming weekend.

Regards,
Matt

ma
markus1105
Platform: Mac

Thu May 31, 2012 3:17 pm Post

Fantastic, Matt, congratulations to the launch!
Just a quick question about the license: may I install it on a second computer (MacBook Air) with the same serial number, if I am the only person who uses both computers? Scrivener allows that, and it's great, because synching both computers with Dropbox, I can take all my stuff with me on the Air and work on the bigger screen when I am at home.
Thanks,
Markus

ma
matt

Thu May 31, 2012 3:32 pm Post

Hi Markus,
Definitely, for single person use, the situation you described will be fine.

Unfortunately, I just realised that I didn't properly address that in the EULA, but I will update it to cover that situation.

[Edit: The licence agreement is now available via the Support page on our website. It allows for installation on up to five computers, provided it is for a single user.]

Regards,
Matt

PS - I take it, since you are asking about licences and not failing serial numbers, that the registration process was smooth? It seems you are my first purchase, so it would be nice to get that reassurance!

igregor
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu May 31, 2012 3:43 pm Post

Matt,

Congratulations! I just purchased Aeon, and all went smoothly. Looks like you're in business!

Greg
-- iGregor

shorn

Thu May 31, 2012 3:49 pm Post

Congrats, Matt.

Aeon duly purchased.

Cheers,
Simon

Lf
Lfarmster
Platform: Windows

Thu May 31, 2012 4:31 pm Post

Matt,

Congratulations on getting here - you've done a lot of hard work that I hope will pay off quickly! :D

I do have a question. While I don't (yet) own a Mac, I do want to support your work with Aeon. Is it possible to download the software to a flash drive for future transfer?

All the best,
Laural
It is the mark of a good story...that however wild its events, however fantastic or terrible the adventures, ...whomever hears it, when the “turn” comes, a catch of the breath, a beat and lifting of the heart, near to (or indeed accompanied by) tears...

sa
sarajiel

Thu May 31, 2012 6:16 pm Post

Congratulations Matt :D

Checkout worked fine for me aswell. However I noticed that your trial splash screen and your website are a little bit schizophrenic about the length of the trial.

If you hover your mouse over the "Download" button in the top area of the site it says 30 days trial, the button in the middle of the site says 20days and the text of the splash screen says 15 days with 20days remaining... :twisted:

Btw, any plans for a bugfix release before 1.1? Already found one :mrgreen: (I'll send you a mail later today after I had time to fiddle around with 1.0 a little longer.)

ma
markus1105

Thu May 31, 2012 6:41 pm Post

Hi Matt,
serial number worked fine, everything went smoothly as expected.
Cheers,
Markus

Po
PolarBear60

Thu May 31, 2012 7:01 pm Post

Hi, Matt. Congratulations on the launch. From my perspective it worked fine -- I purchased the product, used the check for new version on each of my beta copies (one on the Mini and one on the Air), updated, installed, and launched. Validating with the same serial number worked seamlessly on both machines (but I'm thankful for your clarification on the licensing, because I couldn't find a EULA to check!)

The pricing and the coupon code works very well for me, and I hope it does for you as well. Thank you,

Jean

ma
matt

Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 pm Post

Thanks all for the congratulations.

sarajiel wrote:Congratulations Matt :D

Checkout worked fine for me aswell. However I noticed that your trial splash screen and your website are a little bit schizophrenic about the length of the trial.

If you hover your mouse over the "Download" button in the top area of the site it says 30 days trial, the button in the middle of the site says 20days and the text of the splash screen says 15 days with 20days remaining... :twisted:

I was quite schizophrenic in the decision making. The 20 days is correct, as is the countdown at the bottom of the splash. Will fix it up shortly.

sarajiel wrote:Btw, any plans for a bugfix release before 1.1? Already found one :mrgreen: (I'll send you a mail later today after I had time to fiddle around with 1.0 a little longer.)

Yes, bug fix releases will happen if required.

Lfarmster wrote:Matt,

Congratulations on getting here - you've done a lot of hard work that I hope will pay off quickly! :D

I do have a question. While I don't (yet) own a Mac, I do want to support your work with Aeon. Is it possible to download the software to a flash drive for future transfer?

All the best,
Laural

Yes this would be possible. You would end up with a .dmg file (compressed disk image, like a zip) which Windows wouldn't't recognize, but should keep intact. You can also download from our site at any time.

However, as much as I appreciate the support, I would feel pretty bad if you did that to support me, and then the Windows version took as long as the Mac one!

Hu
Hugh

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 am Post

Congratulations, Matt.

I downloaded Aeon very early in its development, then - because I'd no further use for it at the time - set it aside. But now I've bought it. It looks cool, and functionally it is very cool. It's very good to see those early ambitions fulfilled, and more.
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

ti
tinu

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:51 am Post

Installed my copy.

Useful app.
Fair pricing.
Nice website.

Congratulations.

Tinu
MacBook Pro 2.0 GHz 8GB | OSX 10.9.5

Lf
Lfarmster
Platform: Windows

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:59 pm Post

Yes this would be possible. You would end up with a .dmg file (compressed disk image, like a zip) which Windows wouldn't't recognize, but should keep intact. You can also download from our site at any time.

Yay! This I will do :)

However, as much as I appreciate the support, I would feel pretty bad if you did that to support me, and then the Windows version took as long as the Mac one!

Don't feel bad, Matt. My hubby is actively looking at buying me a Mac... it's just a matter of timing and price now. We're trying to decide if we should wait for the new MacbookPro or not. :P Enjoy your day!

Laural
It is the mark of a good story...that however wild its events, however fantastic or terrible the adventures, ...whomever hears it, when the “turn” comes, a catch of the breath, a beat and lifting of the heart, near to (or indeed accompanied by) tears...

jc
jcartland
Platform: Linux

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 pm Post

Congratulations on a timely release!
I've been watching for a while, and was hoping you'd make it.

Scrivener got me to buy a Mac, and Aeon is the second reason to boot into Lion instead of Linux. Sure wish I could get OSX to run in a virtual machine, but Apple...

So, I've had to jump through some hardware hoops to use Aeon, but looks like it was worth it. Thanks.
Loving Scrivener, learning Aeon, and sipping at the apple kool-aid.
MacBook Pro, Hackintosh Mac: OSX Lion host with Ubuntu 12.04 in VirtualBox

Br
Broken Thought
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 pm Post

Congratulations! And thanks for showing your appreciation via a coupon code.