Events on Multiple Arcs

Pr
ProgExMo
Platform: Mac

Sun May 27, 2012 5:11 pm Post

Hello,

I'd like to start off by saying how much I love Aeon Timeline! It's as though you read my mind as to the kind of software I was in desperate need of! I can hardly wait for the final release, and am willing to pay handsomely for it!

Anyway, I know there was another thread that touched on this, but it's over a year old now so I thought I'd renew the topic: I'd really like to have the ability to load a single event on multiple story arcs. I can see so many instances where an event isn't quite global, but is shared between a couple of arcs while not shared with others.

For me, I'm using Aeon as a historical research tool, where I'm trying to reconstruct a series of events based on various historical records and books. I use each story arc as a specific source (e.g. Biographical Book 1 = Arc 1, Local Newspaper = Arc 2, etc.) so that I can see where there are inconsistencies in the source materials which would indicate further research is required. Having the ability to load a single event on multiple arcs would allow me to easily see that an event is corroborated by, and consistent between, multiple sources. If the event simply showed up as a solid oval dot on the same vertical line on the timeline, this would make things incredibly clear.

Thanks, and thanks again for Aeon!

jc
jcartland
Platform: Linux

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 pm Post

I'd like to add my voice to this question/request. For some time, I've been struggling with how to represent a story with several arcs, and events that belong on more than one, but not all, of them.

I love scrivener, rely on it, but have had to use other tools for charting story structure. (None of them satisfactory, currently using http://www.thebrain.com/) I've been following the development of Aeon Timeline, and am ready to start using it, but haven't yet figured out how to meet this need.