New Website, Extended Expiry, Release Date

ma
matt

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:09 am Post

Hi All,
New Release - Extended Expiry
I have just uploaded a new release which extends the expiry date on the current version to the end of May. It also fixes a couple of minor bugs.

You can download it by using the Download button on the new website, link given below.

Website
In addition to this, I have just uploaded the new Aeon Timeline website, which you can view at http://www.scribblecode.com
My thanks to Mark Russell for putting most of this together.

Release Date
Finally, an approximate release date:

Everything is in line for the official release now. I have done the licensing code, I have the website setup, etc. However, I am going on a short holiday later in the month, during which time I will have limited access to the internet.

I didn't want this time to correspond with the first few weeks after I have released the application, as I anticipate a reasonably large number of technical support requests in the first few weeks after launch.

For that reason, I am delaying the release until after my holiday has finished.

This means that the official release will take place in the second half of May or early June. I will post further information here once a release date has been confirmed.

Thanks very much to everyone for their support so far. I am looking forward to finally releasing this software!

Regards,
Matt

na
naquada
Platform: Mac

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:50 am Post

great to hear.. I've been watching the thread for sometime and idly playing with the software... its great.. well done...

wishing you every success with the launch... and enjoy the holiday.. hope the time after it is manic (in the best possible way!!)
Associate of The Inner Magic Circle

My Blog - http://www.naquada.co.uk

shorn

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:06 pm Post

Yay! All the best Matt. Congratulations on getting to this point.

The website looks really good, too.

Have a good holiday,
Simon

Siren
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:31 pm Post

Dawn of a new era... :D All the best with the upcoming release, Matt!
Literature & Latte support team

Ta
Tacitus

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:09 pm Post

I'll echo what others have said. Congratulations on getting to this point and I hope it goes well for you. :)

Have a good holiday.
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape

KB
Site Admin

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:11 pm Post

Congratulations! (Blimey, has it really been three-and-a-half years since we set up the Aeon forum?)
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

sa
sarajiel

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:17 pm Post

Congratulations Matt!

Can't wait to see the final version. Any word on pricing yet?

btw, I really like that one from your FAQ... :twisted: :mrgreen:
matt wrote:Why do you spell synchronise with an 's'?
Because we are Australian, and that is correct Australian spelling. Please don't tell us we have spelling errors on our website because of it, or we will switch to using 'colour' throughout our application and user manual as well.

av
avec

Sat May 05, 2012 8:31 pm Post

Current beta (0.9.5) does not work. It says it has expired.

av
avec

Sat May 05, 2012 8:34 pm Post

sarajiel wrote:Can't wait to see the final version. Any word on pricing yet?

Matt wrote $50 or less in another thread here somewhere and that he has not decided the final price yet.

Spitfire31

Sun May 06, 2012 6:55 am Post

avec wrote:Current beta (0.9.5) does not work. It says it has expired.

0.9.5 isn't the current beta – 0.9.7 is. You can download it from http://www.scribblecode.com, using the Download button on top!

The lower Download trial button points to the expired 0.9.5 beta. I guess Matt overlooked that one…;-)

HTH,

Joachim

Kh
Khadrelt

Tue May 08, 2012 1:34 pm Post

I love the website. Good luck with the launch!
And that, my Liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped.

ma
markus1105

Tue May 29, 2012 5:15 am Post

Hi Matt,
First of all - congratulations to your wonderful piece of software! It's simply great. And the new website also looks very good!
And although I am sure you are certainly aware of this, just to get me some piece of mind: The current beta is due to expire in only two days - will you launch the commercial version before the expiry, or will you publish another beta with an extended expiry date? Either would be great, although I hope you will be able to launch very soon, just because I wish you can finally make some money with it.
Thank you very much!
Kind regards,
Markus

ma
matt

Tue May 29, 2012 12:23 pm Post

Hi Markus,
Yes, I am aware of the deadline.

I am just slightly behind the schedule I want to be, so I am not certain if I will be uploading an extended expiry or the full version tomorrow, but you will definitely see one of the two.

Everything is ready - I am just trying to coordinate a few initial marketing efforts, including a discount for existing Scrivener users, to coincide with uploading the first official version.

Matt

ma
markus1105

Tue May 29, 2012 1:04 pm Post

Hi Matt,

That's great to hear, thank you very much and good luck with the launch. And I like the idea of a discount for existing Scrivener users. :)

Markus