creating relationships

kh
khidr
Platform: Mac

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:53 pm Post

I discovered aeon after working with scrivener. I started out by syncing an empty timeline to an existing scrivener project. Events apper fine on the screen, but there were lots items I didn't such as items from my scrivener research folder, person descriptions etc. I filtered them out by asssigning them to a do-not-display label I rearranged the remaining ones to arcs
I have lots of questions with I hope will be answered. It seems that Aeon timeline has a certain idea about how I set up my events en persons in scrivener.
I'ld love to see documentation about linking entities to events, i have no idea how to do that.

Gert

ma
matt

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm Post

Hi, and thanks for trying Aeon.

When syncing with Scriv, it gave you the option of which files to sync. So if starting again in future, you can choose to ignore Research folder items etc and they won't sync.

Regardless, it is safe to delete those events from your timeline. It won't break anything. The next time you sync, it will ask if you want to create new events for those documents again. Choose "Ignore" and it won't ask again.

Regarding creating relationships etc, I suggest you take a look at the User Manual (available in the Help menu). It is a PDF document and should be pretty easy to navigate. If you read the "Overview of Concepts" and "Getting Started" sections (names may differ slightly, it is not in front of me), they should get you grounded pretty quickly.

Any extra help you require from there (eg. How to create relationships) should be easy to get to from the Table of Concepts or keyword search through the document.

Having said all that, if you have any further questions, just ask here.

Matt

MacDavid
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:37 pm Post

Dear Matt,

I'd like to know if you're planning to make possible the relationships not between an Entity and one Event, but between two events.

I mean this event should happen if the first one was happened.

All my very best,
David
Author of http://www.prisonvalley.com, a webdocumentary proudly written with Scrivener ;-) World Press Photo Non-Linear Program Award-winner 2011 (look at the table in the motel and you'll find a clue...) Scrivener under Ubuntu 16.10

ma
matt

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 pm Post

Things like grouped events, linked events, etc. are on the list of things that I will consider in future versions, but I don't have a definite plan of exactly how they will work yet.

Matt

MacDavid

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:32 pm Post

Dear Matt,

This is a WONDERFUL thing what you say.
Linked events could be so powerful, really, to people like me (non-linear stories).

All my very best,

David
Author of http://www.prisonvalley.com, a webdocumentary proudly written with Scrivener ;-) World Press Photo Non-Linear Program Award-winner 2011 (look at the table in the motel and you'll find a clue...) Scrivener under Ubuntu 16.10

MacDavid

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:29 pm Post

Matt,

Do you have some news about this?

My best.

David

xiamenese

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:03 am Post

MacDavid, since Matt has set up ScribbleCode's own official Aeon Timeline forum on

http://www.scribblecode.com/forum/index.php

I think you'd get quicker replies if you moved your questions, suggestions, comments etc. over there. I'm sure Matt must check there more frequently than here, and as another — albeit minor and very intermittent user — I think it better for the community to be unified in the official forum.
:)
Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.14.5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iOS 12.3.1, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

ma
matt

Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:21 am Post

I am still checking both forums on a near-daily basis. Most tech support should roll across to the new forum, but I am happy for some of it to remain here for existing posts.

I don't have any update on this, and I won't for a while.

This is the kind of change that requires a lot of careful planning and thought, and will take some time to get right, so it won't appear in a 1.0.x update.

Matt

xiamenese

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:37 am Post

I am pleased to hear that Matt, and was pretty sure you would be. I too check here when I'm going through the Scrivener forum each day, but I just thought that Aeon users who've been posting here should be encouraged to migrate over to your official forum.

There seem to be users posting on the ScribbleCode forum who I haven't seen posting here and users still posting here who don't seem to be using the ScribbleCode forum. If this division were resolved, the community would become unified, rather than split between the two.

:)

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.14.5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iOS 12.3.1, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …