Date sorting in Manage Entities

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:40 am Post

It's been many a beta since I last had a chance to play with Aeon, and I love the new interface and all the amazing enhancements that have been added in the last several months! Playing with the Manage Entities panel, I came across what appears to be a minor sorting bug: I can't figure out a way to change the way the associated event date is displayed, and the current display is formatted "1 January 2000Anno Domini" with no leading zero (or space between the year and era name), which means that the date sorting comes out incorrectly with 11 January listed before 2 January. The calendar order of months doesn't seem to get remarked in sorting either, so 20 June 2000 gets listed before 29 March 2000.

Potential bug aside, I'd like to customize the date format displayed here, as I can do elsewhere via the settings and preferences. If I could get the whole thing numerical with leading zeros, I figure it would sort right. (I'd really prefer %d %b %Y as I use elsewhere, but no biggie.) Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

ma
matt

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:31 am Post

The dates added into that pane was a late addition in response to a request... I must admit I hadn't considered sorting.

I will fix up the order in a future update, so it sorts by date rather than text string (otherwise only year-month-day format would work).

Matt

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:47 pm Post

Ha, thanks. I just assumed it was supposed to because the headers were all clickable and it did change the order, just not per-date in the date column. It's a nice feature, and being to organize the associated events by the date would be extra-snazzy since it would help track entity progress through the story. Thank you!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)