I love this program!

Spitfire31

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:14 am Post

It's time I said it out, loud.

For over a year I've been complaining, suggesting, fault finding, fighting against nonlinear time concepts :wink:, bug hunting and generally making a nuisance of myself.

Now, with Aeon Timeline close to its first release, is the first time I've really sat down and used it for a real world project.

Aeon is fantastic. I love it Clean, clever and irreplaceable, it helps me think.

I'm currently working on a first synopsis for something that may in time become a family drama with elements of fratricide, buried WWII secrets and crime solving, spanning almost a hundred years. A couple of days ago, I plotted the main characters and a tentative timeline into Aeon, and…

…saw a major flaw in my thinking.

Thanks to Aeon, this conceptual error was laid bare while still in the womb, forcing me to rethink some very basic preconceptions. Wonderful! Without Aeon, I would have had to face these flaws some time in the future, with a half written story on my hands.

So, herewith I declare my unabashed love for Aeon.

Congrats to Matt who created this unique gem of a writer's helper!

Merry Christmas and a Successful New Year,

Joachim

ma
matt

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:55 pm Post

Aww... :oops:

And all anyone else gave me for my Christmas was bug reports!

shorn
Platform: Mac

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:38 pm Post

Hi Matt,

I love this program, too.

(Seriously :D )

But I have another bug report. Don't worry it is minor; some kind of menu refresh problem I think.

Presently I have 9 arcs apart from GLOBAL, I find that occasionally when I am filtering events by one or more arcs, the Clear item at the top of the Arcs drop-down disappears, leaving the separator line and my created arcs only.

If I then turn off and on filtering using the Filter button in the toolbar, the Clear item comes back.

At the moment I cannot reproduce this behavior, but I will keep an eye open to see if I can figure out exactly how it is happening. I thought you might want to know, however.

That said, please ignore this and take some time off for the holidays.

All the best,
Simon