Bug with tag creation

shorn
Platform: Mac

Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:15 pm Post

Hi Matt,

I have discovered that when creating tags Aeon sometimes creates a whole string of them, apparently as I type in the new tag. So, for example, in the tags box in the Inspector for an event, I created a new tag "quote". What I got in the Timeline Settings Tags pane was a series of new tags: "q", "qu" "quo", "quot" and "quote".

These are easy enough to remove in the Settings box, but still...

I noticed it a couple of versions ago, but it seemed to go away. Then I just noticed it again twice this morning in v0.9.0.

I thought I couldn't reproduce it, but just did some more tests: It only happens when you are creating a new event and, before clicking OK, right away in the new event dialog Tags box you create a new tag.

Subsidiary problem. I notice that if I:
1) look at the Tags pane in the Timeline Settings box;
2) click OK to close it;
3) create a new tag in an existing events tags box, then click somewhere else close the event;
4) then reopen the Timeline Settings box:

The new tag does not appear in the Timeline Settings Tags pane until I click either the General or Labels pane before returning to the Tags pane (when it does appear).

Cheers,
Simon

ma
matt

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:32 pm Post

I've been hearing reports of this bug for a long time but never managed to reproduce it.

Hopefully I can with these instructions!

ma
matt

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:45 pm Post

Thanks,
With those instructions, I have finally fixed that bug!

Matt