New User - Some ideas

gi
gilgamesh
Platform: Mac

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:02 pm Post

Matt - using 10.7.2

I'll see if I can do a video capture of what I am talking about and send it to you with a PM when I have some time.

ma
matt

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:48 am Post

matt wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:• It would be nice to have an "importance" level that changes the size of the event. Something like 1-10. Visually, this would help identify major plot points as opposed to small events.

I have thought about wanting some kind of "importance" option before, but hadn't thought of a good way to present the information. Changing size is one option that may work - I will add it to the list to think about, and see what could be done.

Thinking about this some more... when you say "changes the size of the event", are you thinking of changing the dot size, or the text size, or both?

I am just thinking it might get a bit ugly if there were many different font sizes around the place.

Matt

gi
gilgamesh
Platform: Mac

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:43 pm Post

matt wrote:Thinking about this some more... when you say "changes the size of the event", are you thinking of changing the dot size, or the text size, or both?
I am just thinking it might get a bit ugly if there were many different font sizes around the place.
Matt

I actually think that font sizes would look good - but I suppose I would have to see it implemented before passing judgement. Really what is important is that there is some way to differentiate between important events and minor events visually, so a dot could work too.

ma
matt

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:05 am Post

gilgamesh wrote:I actually think that font sizes would look good - but I suppose I would have to see it implemented before passing judgement. Really what is important is that there is some way to differentiate between important events and minor events visually, so a dot could work too.

I had a look at this today, just playing around with adjusting the font size, and it looks like this is something that would require a fair bit of fiddling to make it look right.

As I am on the verge of a 0.9 release, which will effectively be the final release candidate that will become the commercial release once I iron out any bugs (and add in licensing code etc.), I have decided to leave this until a post-1.0 release.

It is still on the list, but it is something that will need a reasonable amount of tinkering to get right.

Matt