Leap Years in Custom Calendars?

Ma
Mariamino
Platform: Mac

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:54 am Post

I'm trying to figure out how I could modify the leap year in a custom calendar. My world's calendar has 186 days, with an additional day added every third year. I cannot seem to find anything to modify this.

ma
matt

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:02 am Post

At present, this cannot be edited. I just included it so that the same calendar format could handle our normal calendar.

I will think about what can be done to make it more flexible.

Ma
Mariamino
Platform: Mac

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 am Post

Thank you! It would be really helpful, as I have so many things going on in the world. ^_^

ma
matt

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:14 am Post

Hi,
Just thinking about this further... how would you suggest this flexibility should be implemented?

Your example is an extra day every 3 years, for instance, which might be easy enough to do.

But our Earth calendar, for instance, isn't quite that straightforward...
A year is a leap year if:
1) It is divisible by 4
2) It is not divisible by 100, unless it is divisible by 400

Now allowing this kind of flexibility could become very tricky. I can imagine people wanting more and more intricate rules and formulas...

Matt

Br
Broken Thought
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:45 am Post

Using 0.9
Suggestion.
In my custom calendar I was going to add a leap month. Though I'm unable to set regular year to zero and the leap year to 14 days. This would remove that month for the regular non-leap years and add a 13th month every 10 years or so.

I'm not sure how hard this would be to implement, but would be a nice feature for myself, though I have no idea how much use anyone else would get out of it.

Great program so far. Love it for the standard dates and surprised there is a fantasy calendar option at all. Keep up the good work and looking forward to the full version.