Swap Entities and Events Locations?

Am
Ampersand
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:53 pm Post

Hello! I've just installed this software and am reading through the older documentation. I thought it said that entities would be on the horizontal axis and events would be vertical? I'm not seeing that as an option in the software, but I hope I am mistaken!

As well, can I zoom in and out of the timeline? RIght now I'm having to scroll for eons to see between dates (my calendar works on a 2000 year scale).

Thanks!

ma
matt

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 am Post

Hi,
On the version you are working with right now, it can't be swapped.

However, I will be releasing a new version soon with a single Unified View (no more Entity View / Story Arc View), and this will have them swapped (permanently). I just have a couple more bugs to find and fix, and then it will be released (and it is a vast, vast improvement).

Regarding zoom:
If you hold down command and use a scroll wheel (or scroll dragging on a touch pad) it will zoom in and out. You can also adjust the zoom by dragging the edge of the lens on the bottom context bar to set it to the size you want. Finally, there are zoom in/out buttons on the toolbar that should also control zoom (although I do recall a report that they may not be working in the current release.

The new version will have this, and also add Gesture support for pinch-to-zoom.

Matt

Am
Ampersand
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:05 am Post

Thank you so much, Matt!

My friend created an impressive but impractical timeline for our 200+ characters in Photoshop but it's a mammoth task to update. I've been looking for software that would allow me to easily add characters so we can see who was alive during a time period at the same time. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it some more!