Weird behavior of ages and something else

na
nachodragon
Platform: Mac

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:42 pm Post

I have come across some wonky behavior of setting ages. Most of my entities will already be born when I create a timeline and I set will 'set age at first event instead of create event' and it does not update to tell me how old they are on the timeline. When I set another event they are in, either observer or participant it will show their age.
Now, it could be how I am thinking but I have come across another issue. My story starts in the year 3414 and that is when most of my characters start. I wanted to see some things that happened in the past and have something that showed it all in one place, so my timeline actually goes before my story so I can see other things. So, when I set the start event (it doesn't show their age) and then I go back about 24 years and show them as an observer. Depending on what Event I select first will calculate the start date, It might be nice to have a start option or create option as well as the observer and participant, or putting in a start date in the entity area. Not sure if this would be helpful for others, though I am sure I am not the only strange thinking person.

Also, I have a bug with ages. In testing how I was going to use entities and such I put the start age of someone to 300 years (yes, my story will have very old people) and when I select 3390 as the start year it shows the age of 304. Actually, just testing again, any year I select puts the age at 304. Not sure what is happening there. Any other events I add to this entity the age adds correctly, 328 for an even that happens 24 years later.

I guess to sum up everything:
1. Would be nice to designate firmly a start event for an entity.
2. Abnormally old people don't show up right.

ma
matt

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:19 am Post

Hi,
Sorry, I read this when you posted it and just realised I didn't write a response.

I am in the middle of overhauling the user interface, but once that is done, I will take a close look at what you have said here and iron out any kinks in the calculations.

If you are able to, it might help if you send me a file (support AT scribblecode DOT com), so I can see exactly what is happening. If you can't, then I will attempt to recreate the problem myself.

Matt

na
nachodragon
Platform: Mac

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:46 am Post

Sorry myself for not checking back quicker. I have been playing with Aeon a lot but haven't saved anything yet. I know that it will help with many of my stories I have planned but have a hard time working it with the story I am writing now.