Windows version?

jr
jravan
Platform: Windows

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:56 am Post

Any plans to find another Lee and build a Windows version? I can't find anything suitable and since this already works well with Scrivener for the Mac, it would seem the best candidate for those of us on the Dark Side.

ma
matt

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:23 am Post

I have been giving some thought to this.

Once the Mac release is out of the way, I am thinking about developing a Windows version.

The Windows version should be a lot quicker to develop once the Mac one is done, because I won't be making any design decisions and changes as I go - I will just be replicating the decisions made for the Mac.

I also have someone who can help me code a Windows version.

The other thing I was considering was an iPad app (so that I can justify buying an iPad).

Will probably all depend on how the Mac release goes, and whether I get enough back from it to justify further investment in new versions, and the additional support load they would create. I wouldn't want to do it at the expense of providing appropriate support etc. for the Mac version.

Matt

jr
jravan

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:04 am Post

Thanks for the reply, Matt. You have at least one customer who's already sold. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

regards,
-jim

nb
nbfilms
Platform: Mac

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:49 am Post

iPad! iPad! iPad! ^_^

Lf
Lfarmster

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:00 am Post

I just found out about Aeon today... can't afford a Mac yet, so I'm pulling for the Windows version. When you have it, I'm in all the way.... :)
It is the mark of a good story...that however wild its events, however fantastic or terrible the adventures, ...whomever hears it, when the “turn” comes, a catch of the breath, a beat and lifting of the heart, near to (or indeed accompanied by) tears...

SW
SWatkinsJr

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:55 pm Post

I haven't purchased Scrivener for Windows yet, because without a Timeline manager the software just doesn't have enough functionality to justify buying it over using some other free/cheaper options or just cobbling something together in Excel or Access.

With the integration of this timeline manager you're developing... Scrivener would be perfect for what I'm looking for right now.

So this is just to say: if you produce a Windows version, I expect that I will purchase both Scrivener and AEON Timeline for Windows.

KB
Site Admin

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:04 pm Post

SWatkinsJr wrote:I haven't purchased Scrivener for Windows yet, because without a Timeline manager the software just doesn't have enough functionality to justify buying it over using some other free/cheaper options or just cobbling something together in Excel or Access.

:shock: :(
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Po
Pollik

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 am Post

Another plea for a windows release.

Scrivener is great, but a decent timeline app would be huge benefit to me (and Aeon looks very promising) and a tie in with Scrivener would be the very thick icing on the cake.

Please don't make me buy a Mac!!

Da
DarkAthena
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri May 11, 2012 6:55 pm Post

I also madly hope for a Timeline for the Windows Version. I do own the Mac Version, but I often drag my Windows laptop around with me since taking an iMac places just isn't practical.

I haven't bought the Windows version of Scrivener yet, and don't plan to until some sort of Timeline solution is in place.

I'm frankly more than a little disappointed there isn't one built into Scrivener already - at least one where you can keep track, visually, of how much time has passed between events (Scene A talks about an event two weeks ago and then Scene B happens one week after Scene A which equals three weeks since the aforementioned event). I don't need to necessarily specify exact dates. At least on my Mac I can use the wonderful Aeon Timeline.

So, please count my vote for a Windows version! Thank you!

:D

garpu
Platform: Linux

Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 pm Post

:shock:
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed May 16, 2012 6:42 pm Post

If anything, I think the great feedback I've seen from you lucky Mac owners about how Aeon intregrates into a Scrivener based workflow convinces me that it really is a distinct fucntionality from the core role of writing software, and best left to dedicated software like Aeon.

For my own part, I rarely tell a story in chronological order and therefore wouldn't want to have movements in my timeline automatically re-arrange my narrative.

At the moment my timelines are all constructed on whiteboards, paper and, yes, in Excel, so I'd be someone very interested in a Windows version at some point.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

jo
joyousdance

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm Post

I'm definitely in on the Windows version! I've looked at all that is available and it isn't anything I would ever use. Two fingers crossed! Could you set up some sort of notification thing people could sign up for? That way I won't have to keep checking yearly to see if this has happened or not.

sa
sarajiel

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:19 pm Post

While we are at it...

Can we have a Windows 8 Version that runs on ARM with Metro interface? :twisted:

You know those Asus Transformer Laptop/Tablet hybrids start looking quite sexy for mobile writing.
Oh well, I guess after today's WWDC keynote my credit card will laugh at me, if I buy an Asus device again. :|

sa
savingforoz

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:45 pm Post

Count me in for a WIndows version ASAP, please :D

Ke
KenH

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:29 pm Post

I'd love to see a Windows version working with Scrivener as well.