Crashes with fantasy calendars?

in
inpariswithyou
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:31 am Post

So, I'm not reporting a particular bug, but I'm curious to know if there are a lot of crashes when using fantasy calendars.

My calendar has seven months with two eras, and I continually crash. I crash every time I try to change the starting and ending dates of my timeline (going from years 711 to 880). I've tried to change these dates about four or five times, and I crash immediately upon selecting OK. I also crashed once when adding an event in a different era (AU) from the other events, which were set in era BU.

I literally just bought this Macbook Air today -- my first Mac ever! -- and Aeon is literally the only program I've installed on it, so there can't be any sort of crashes due to other software, unless it's one of the programs pre-installed on all Apple machines.

I really like the program, and I'm wondering if perhaps using the non-fantasy (standard Earth) calendar would prevent all these crashes, which are really cramping my style.

Thanks!

ma
matt

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:10 am Post

Hi,
Sorry for my slow response on this. I have been working 12+ hour days and all weekend to get a project finished for work.

As far as I am aware, there are no reported crashes for Fantasy Timelines in the most up-to-date release.

Can you confirm which version you are using?

If you are getting crashes, it would be very helpful if you can send the crash reports through to me.

I am close to releasing the next version, so I would like to fix up any crashes before I get this out.

Thanks,
Matt

in
inpariswithyou
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:33 am Post

Matt,

Well, I am using the latest version, but it's no longer crashing when I change dates with fantasy timelines. So good job on that!

I do have a question though. Is there a particular area (either a forum or an email address) to which we could post suggestions? I'm using the program pretty heavily right now, and I've got quite a few ideas, etc. Not saying they'll be wonderful or even possible, but yeah... I have them!

~Matt (a different one)

ma
matt

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:25 am Post

Creating a new thread in this forum with the suggestions can be a good idea, because other people might feed off your ideas and refine them further.

Otherwise, you can email them directly to me at support (at) scribblecode (dot) com.

Matt