Possible ß 0.5 Bug

User avatar
igregor
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Fairfax Station, Virginia, USA

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:16 pm Post

Matt,

All attempts to export to Scrivener, BeeDocs, HTML and/or RTF fail (did not try other export formats). Clicking the finish button on Export Timeline produces the Save As [blank] dialog. Entering name and selecting finish, however, fails to produce any output.
-- iGregor

ma
matt
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:35 am

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 am Post

Thanks, I will look into it.

ma
matt
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:35 am

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:43 pm Post

Version 0.5.1 has fixed this bug.

Please let me know if you still experience any problems.

Matt

User avatar
igregor
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Fairfax Station, Virginia, USA

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:20 pm Post

Downloaded 0.5.1 and made three attempts to export (one each to RTF, Scrivener and BeeDocs). All tests crashed Aeon immediately upon clicking Save button.
-- iGregor

ma
matt
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:35 am

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:37 pm Post

Ok, thanks for that. I will look into it again.

I found a cause for a crash and fixed it in Snow Leopard. What OS are you using?

Could you try exporting to a HTML table and see if that one works?

Matt

User avatar
igregor
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Fairfax Station, Virginia, USA

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:53 pm Post

I'm running OS 10.6.6. Attempt to export as HTML produces same result as before (Aeon crash on Save).

Apparently crash logs are not allowed as attachments to board messages or PMs -- error "The extension crash is not allowed." So I'll copy/paste crash log text into a PM.
-- iGregor

ma
matt
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:35 am

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:15 pm Post

Hi,
I have spent some time trying to reproduce this, but have been unable to get a crash thus far.

I think the problem is most likely related to your current timeline, or possibly the export settings you are using.

If it doesn't contain any sensitive data that you don't want me seeing, could you email the timesheet file you are attempting to export to support (AT) scribblecode (DOT) com.

Alternatively, could you also try setting up a new timeline (quit and re-open the entire application first), add a couple of events, and attempt to export it with the default settings (changing to whatever output you want).

If the problem only exists with the one timeline, or one particular setting, that will be much easier to track down.

Thanks,
Matt

User avatar
igregor
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Fairfax Station, Virginia, USA

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 pm Post

I created a new project file and was NOT able to reproduce the problem.

So, I altered/simplified the original "problem" project file to make it "shareable". As with the original file this new project file crashes on Save when attempting to export.

I'll send the new/altered problem file via email -- along with its crash report.
-- iGregor