Numbered list appearing without Markdown

el
elw2u16
Platform: Mac

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:17 pm Post

Hi,

I have a subsection with plain text and a latex figure. There are no numbered lists, however when I compile to LaTeX, \begin{enumerate} appears with \item at the beginning of each paragraph, and also replacing the caption within the figure.

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this, the rest of the document is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Emma

Jo
JoRo

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:27 pm Post

Worth checking that list numbering hasn't inadvertently been turned on?

KB wrote:The first thing I would check there is that list formatting hasn't been applied to those paragraphs. Select them in the editor and go to Format > Lists, and ensure that "None" is selected.

https://www.literatureandlatte.com/foru ... 66#p280466

Slàinte mhòr.

el
elw2u16

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:06 pm Post

List numbering is 'None', unless there's some other way to do it.

I've re-written the whole subsection, and trashed the old one. If anyone figures it out please let me know.

Thanks,
Emma

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:07 pm Post

Sometimes you have to turn list formatting on and then back off again (to “None”), to get rid of rogue list formatting. It’s probably down to the nature of how the text engine doesn’t recognise that you have list formatting in the text in the first place, even though you do.

Secondly you can usually back out of any formatting weirdness with this simple checklist:

1. Select All text in the affected section and Cut.
  2. To have the internal file used to store the content of this binder item flushed, visit some other binder item and then return.
  3. Use ⇧⌥⌘V or Edit ▸ Paste and Match Style to paste the clipboard as plain-text.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

el
elw2u16

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm Post

Thanks, I'll give this a try if it happens again.

Emma