mmd print pdf

Fr
Frix
Platform: Mac

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:23 pm Post

I asked in an italian LaTeX forum and they suggested me to use these environments:

1) <!--\marginpar{questa è una nota a margine}--> ... (they told me this would be better);
and after compiling (mmd--> LaTeX -- with memoir style) the margin note was in the right position (in the pdf).
2) <!--\sidepar{questa è una nota a margine}--> and works too.

F.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:18 am Post

The difference between marginpar and sidepar (a feature of Memoir) is that sidepar has been tweaked to flow long notes from one page to the next if it runs out of space. marginpar does not have that capability, so you'll have to be more careful to keep notes to what will fit on that page, otherwise the margin box will extend beyond the size of the paper.

As for why we have no guide for some of these more powerful workflows: part of it is that once you get down to this level the room for flexibility goes exponential. There are so many different possible things you can do and so many different things that people need that it becomes difficult to put it all into a compact guide format. I think the gradually increasing pool of information shared in this sub-forum is pretty good for that already.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Fr
Frix
Platform: Mac

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:51 pm Post

AmberV wrote:As for why we have no guide for some of these more powerful workflows: part of it is that once you get down to this level the room for flexibility goes exponential.
There are so many different possible things you can do and so many different things that people need that it becomes difficult to put it all into a compact guide format. I think the gradually increasing pool of information shared in this sub-forum is pretty good for that already.

Somewhat agree.
But, for instance, I meant regroup many of the main suggestions stored in the forum in one document reasoned and organized.
I think:
- this would help many beginners (in mmd and latex) to start with, and will give them a lot of encouragement to continue. This is important in the the first step of this adventure!
- this will drive many users to a new, useuful and satisfying way of using scrivener.

Mmd and latex are very powerfull and they are the natural choice for making good jobs all together with scrivener.(i.m.o)

ScMLGuide is a very good choice and I think it is necessary read it for all scrivener users.
But it is not enough. Chiefly in the Latex aspects.

But this is only my personal opinion!
... Or maybe my personal need? :D