Default Preferences to Emulate Plain-Text

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:25 pm Post

You’re welcome, glad you find it useful!

The best we could probably do is distribute these settings in the form that they are found here, only you wouldn’t have to download it, they would come installed with the software (like our sample colour themes do). I don’t think it would make much sense to have a one-click button to do this one specific thing with preferences.

One question: is it possible to add code highlighting in editor or field with code at least like in another editor.

Sure, I use a limited degree of “highlighting” via the Styles feature (you can bind them to shortcuts). For the most part these styles are purely cosmetic. I even have some set up to triggers via third-party software. For example if I type Return+Return+>+Space, then BetterTouchTool intercepts that and triggers the Format ▸ Styles ▸ Block Quote style I’ve created. Stuff like fenced code blocks in your example would be equally easy to add. In general I don’t bother too much with it, but it is nice for some things, to have a little visual accentuation.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles