Anyone Planning for NaNo 2009?

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:16 pm Post

I don't have a headache. But my lower neck hurts something awful.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Ca
Carradee
Platform: Mac

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:32 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:I don't have a headache. But my lower neck hurts something awful.

Stretch your shoulders.
Wanna hydroplane?
--My brother (while driving)

Sc
Scylax

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:02 am Post

Sorry it's been a while everyone. One of the certainties of being ill is that it can always get worse!

I don't actually know how to post a link :) but this is the web address for the forum: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3267493

It's in the NaNo Groups forum under Writing Groups And Clubs, and at the moment it's staying pretty high up. I can't believe how many of us there are!

Take care,

H.

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:29 am Post

Welcome back Sky :wink:
None of us on board Scriv are shy about coming forward with what ails us, so regale us! (if y` want to)
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Sc
Scylax

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:54 am Post

Thanks Vic-k!

I am finding it increasing difficult to handle Cerebral Palsy, back problems, interstitial cystitis and Functional Bowel Disorder all at once.

It's been about two years now since the latter completely wrecked my life, and it's still as bad as ever.

Worse, the last thing the gastroenterologist tried before telling me he couldn't think of anything else was to put me on a sub-clinical dose of anti-depressants, supposed to be good for the gut. It didn't help the FBD at all. What it has done is to make me really depressed and anxious.

I have never felt this bad before. I have felt sad or annoyed about being so ill, but I was coping just about ok. Now I'm scared, tearful, rather afraid to be left alone... totally unlike my normal self. It's ridiculous, and I feel really guilty, because it's making my Mum's life even harder than it was before (she's my only carer, but I can't even afford to pay her for it).

Places like this really help me; I honestly don't know what I would do without the internet now!

Thanks, and cheers for letting me vent,

Take care,

H.

vic-k

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:02 am Post

Scy,
That`s one very heavy backpack you`re totting around with you there. You can take it as a given, that my very best wishes go out to you. Saddly/unfortunately, it`s other people`s suffering, that constantly reminds me and reinforces the fact that I am, very fortunate to be only mildly affected by my condition (ME)

Of course, y` do realise, don`t y`, that this is, offtopicking!!!, and is punishable by being subjected to severe bouts of, vilification`n`castigation (...igation, not ...ration. That would be a bit OTT! :shock: ). All accusations of offtopicking, are to be rebuffed with the rejoinder: "Offtopicking is akin to Godliness"
`ang on in there Scy :wink:
Good Luck
Take care,
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Sc
Scylax

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:00 am Post

Thanks!

I hold up my hands and confess to being off topic. I'm sorry :). But it has made me feel a lot better.

I am really looking forward to NaNo, even though I'm really nervous. It's something totally new and it gives me a goal. Since I had to put off going to Uni yet again I really need things to aim for, and I feel it's already making a big difference, although I have a growing conviction I'll be hopeless at it! I've never plotted anything in my life!

But I am trying! I have a world and characters, and even a tiny little plot idea, and I never thought I would get that far.

I owe a lot to Scrivener and the guys here. I had never heard of NaNo until I got here, and reading the sample from Carradee's novel inspired me to try myself, so thank you all!

(Carradee I badly want to know what happens in your novel. Would you nanomail me a summary please, please, please!)

vic-k

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 am Post

Scylax wrote:being off topic. I'm sorry
Never apologise for OTing! :shock: Only wimps do that!
What`s the point of having topics if they can`t be offed :wink: :twisted:
Vic

Aisling13

Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:32 am Post

http://www.symbolicbridging.com/alchemy ... hrice.html

I'm doing Nano.

The link above is to my ersatz Nano Novel banner; the print appears to be dissolving, as well as the title.

I can't figure out how to post the banner to my signature at Nano Land, so I posted it to my blog, blimey.

Keith, the Nano articles on using Scrivener were helpful. Thank you.

Laurel aka Aisling

vic-k

Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:16 pm Post

Carradee wrote:
Tip: make sure that you're all clear on what kind of feedback is acceptable. I made some friends mad when they asked me for feedback on their writing, and I, um, gave it. >_>
Ahhh!! :lol: I can`t for the life of me figure out why that would be!! You didn`t do another, 'Harry met Sally Deli Scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bsf2x-aeE over a misplaced apostrophe, or an unsolicited job on an inadvertent it`s instead of its did y`? Well! Like I already said, "`taint what y` do, it`s the way that y` do it"
Or...do it like Linda does it. `n` leave us all lusting after more :twisted:
Last edited by vic-k on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Li
Linda

Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:07 pm Post

YAWN

vic-k

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:34 pm Post

vic-k

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:25 pm Post

Mu
Mudak

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:12 am Post

I've been meaning to pop over 'round these parts to report that I had a moment of inspiration on October 30, and that I registered for NaNo for the first time this year, but, well, I've been too busy writing my novel.

I hit the 50K threshold this morning.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/551028

bu
bungalow1225

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:31 am Post

Congrats! I finished mine in 15 days this year - fourth year in a row I've completed a book in November, it's an amazing experience.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/156893

b1225