Our little impromptu off-topicking, is, as some would say, apposite.
You are wondering where your dad’s vinyl is, whereas, I’m on the brink of reacquainting myself with mine. Albeit, fleetingly.
garpu wrote:Naw, not hugely sad. My dad would blast his Moody Blues albums when I was a kid. Grew up hearing them. (And the self-titled Black Sabbath album along with a healthy dose of Uriah Heep. Hrm. Wonder what happened to his LP's...)
I’ve spent most of this afternoon and early evening, crawling around a hellhole...the like of which, H P Lovecraft, in his dirtiest, dankest, direst, darkest mood could never have conjured up.
A few months ago, the house was re-roofed. The house already has 80% of the roof space converted to another bedroom/kid’s living/bedroom. Two thirds of the remaining 20% (front and rear) is used for storing, ‘stuff’, brought from our previous house. The hellhole is the remaining roof space at the side of the house.
The 80 yr old roof tiles were held in position on their respective battens by dollops of crumbling morter, which on the front and rear aspect of the roof, for the most part, slid down the ceiling boards, etc., and out over the side of the house’. Not so, unfortunately, at the side of the house. Tons of that shity morter, along with reams and reams of disgustingly dirty, dusty fibre-glass, now reside in that tight cramped roof space.
It goes without saying that I’m digressing here. What I set out to say , was that when I’ve...or if I survive cleaning out this hellhole, I’ll be retrieving, ‘stuff’, from the rear space. Some of that ,’stuff’, consists of one of these,
a B&O4600Beocentre, from the late 70s: and a box of my vinyl. But there won’t be any "Ozzy" Osbourne, in the box, more like Simon and Garfunkel, and Boxcar Willy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSrEcPdA0hE
Anyway! Enough of this nonsense! Get back to NaNoing