NaNoWriMo template Daily Target

th
threedogwrite
Platform: Windows

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:48 pm Post

This is my first time using the NaNoWriMo template. Under templates it has a "Daily Target" template which I don't understand. Can anyone help? Does it just count the words for that session? I thought anything under "Manuscript" was automatically counted. I'm a bit confused but will keep working at it till I figure it out or someone gives me a clue.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 pm Post

It’s for those that like to write the day’s goal in a single document. We’re demonstrating how it is possible to set up a boilerplate starter file that has a goal already wired into it, ready to go.

If you’re the sort that prefers to write here, there and everywhere, than yeah just keeping an eye on the Project Targets tool is going to be what you want.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm Post

AmberV wrote:It’s for those that like to write the day’s goal in a single document.

People do that? :shock:
Complete and utter NOMsense.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:09 pm Post

Probably! I did for one year, I chose to use a somewhat episodic format to keep myself on target and moving forward. I would write one major event every day and try to keep tinkering with previous day’s work to a minimum—and if I did mess around adding stuff in other sections it felt like a bonus because that stuff “didn’t count” toward the daily goal. :)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles