Compile to Word doc with 'Line Spacing' at exactly 24 pt - Scrivener3

br
brennus390
Platform: Mac

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:58 pm Post

I'm trying to create a template for my college work. They require exactly 24 pt line spacing for paragraphs. They also require 24 pt leading before a section title and 12 pt after the title. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I compile, Word indicates the line spacing is 'Double Space.' Whether or not I use the formatting in the editor or choose 'Override text and notes formatting' in the compile dialogue. Any ideas?
Thanks,

drmajorbob

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:31 am Post

brennus390 wrote:I'm trying to create a template for my college work. They require exactly 24 pt line spacing for paragraphs. They also require 24 pt leading before a section title and 12 pt after the title. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I compile, Word indicates the line spacing is 'Double Space.' Whether or not I use the formatting in the editor or choose 'Override text and notes formatting' in the compile dialogue. Any ideas?
Thanks,

https://www.notion.so/deepspacecorps/Indent-Line-Height-Spacing-e0b860430dbb447cbf7c64b656cc24b7
Teeth, without gums, fall loosely in the mouth.

(I'm not a Literature & Latte employee. Just another user.)

br
brennus390

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:34 pm Post

I thought I posted a reply, but I'm not seeing in the ticket, so if this is a duplicate, I apologize.

Thanks for the link. I have tried using those methods to set the size to 'Exactly 24pt,' but when it gets compiled in Word, it shows as 'Double' spacing and not as 'Exactly 24pt,' which is the requirement for the paper I'm writing. Apparently, according to Word, 'Double Space' is larger than 'Exactly 24pt.'

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:10 pm Post

@BRENNUS390: You have marked the DRMAJORBOB's message as a spam, by mistake most likely. Here comes your message again:

From BRENNUS390: Thank you for the link. I've been making modifications as indicated in the link but when the paper is compiled into Word.docx, it shows line spacing as 'Double' instead of 'Exactly 24.0 pt.' Aside from manual changes after the paper is compiled is there a way to compile so that the compiled version indicates line spacing as exactly 24 pt?
Thank you,

drmajorbob

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm Post

tiho_d wrote:@BRENNUS390: You have marked the DRMAJORBOB's message as a spam, by mistake most likely. Here comes your message again:

From BRENNUS390: Thank you for the link. I've been making modifications as indicated in the link but when the paper is compiled into Word.docx, it shows line spacing as 'Double' instead of 'Exactly 24.0 pt.' Aside from manual changes after the paper is compiled is there a way to compile so that the compiled version indicates line spacing as exactly 24 pt?
Thank you,

My Notions are "branded" in a way, I suppose, but I'm not selling anything.
Teeth, without gums, fall loosely in the mouth.

(I'm not a Literature & Latte employee. Just another user.)

br
brennus390

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:35 pm Post

tiho_d - I think I might've clicked 'Report this post' thinking it said, 'Reply to this post.' DRMAJORBOB message was helpful, so if I marked it as spam or something it was definitely a mistake on my part. My apologies.