Sticky project note / Post-it / reminder /etc

Pe
PermaHeretic
Platform: Mac

Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:20 am Post

I've tried searching for the above terms, but can't find what I am looking for (although as a new user, it's possible I have missed the bleedin obvious).

Is there a facility for creating a floating note or reminder, in a way that you would physically stick a post-it note to your computer?

I am thinking of prompts and reminders, set when I write my diary in the morning, then promptly forgotten once I start work, Oblique Strategies, inspirational quotes, etc, etc,

Basically it would be a 'Project note' available whatever I am working in/on (except composition mode of course, which is so tranquil and uncluttered), that can be made to float and be re-sizeable, but not disappear until I tell it to.

Does this exist?

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:19 am Post

Why not use the built-in Mac version?

https://www.howtogeek.com/370443/how-to ... es-on-mac/
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Pe
PermaHeretic

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:30 pm Post

Ah, I didn't know it existed, that's why not! Thanks (have to disable my ad blocker to read the article, so it'll have to wait for a bit as I'm working against a deadline or three)

popcornflix

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:37 pm Post

Open your applications folder and look for an app called Stickies. It does post it notes on the Mac.
.:popcornFlix:.

gr

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:56 pm Post

OMG I assumed that was just a legacy carryover I was carrying forward. Surprised Apple is still distributing that little app. Fun. Can't quite imagine cluttering up my screen that way anymore, but hey for a dedicated use, maybe.

Launched the app just now after probably decades -- to find a disturbing hundred old sticky notes! To give you a sense of antiquity, one of these contains notes to self about necessary code-change steps required after converting a Hypercard project into a Supercard project.

-gr
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

Me
Merx

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:30 am Post

gr wrote:To give you a sense of antiquity, one of these contains notes to self about necessary code-change steps required after converting a Hypercard project into a Supercard project.

Thinking non-fungible token and a seven-figure price tag?

Merx

gr

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:41 am Post

Merx wrote:
gr wrote:To give you a sense of antiquity, one of these contains notes to self about necessary code-change steps required after converting a Hypercard project into a Supercard project.

Thinking non-fungible token and a seven-figure price tag?

Merx

I am now. Let the bidding begin!
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin