Auto-complete w/ accent issue

To
Toooldnottowrite
Platform: Mac

Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:52 pm Post

Hello,
Having difficulty with auto-complete when the word to be completed has an accent over its first letter. Said word is never recognized. Any way to remedy this?
Many thanks.

drmajorbob

Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:59 pm Post

Toooldnottowrite wrote:Hello,
Having difficulty with auto-complete when the word to be completed has an accent over its first letter. Said word is never recognized. Any way to remedy this?
Many thanks.

I highly recommend TextExpander or a similar program. It contains snippets for accented words, among other things, and you can customize it to remember all sorts of things for you.
Teeth, without gums, fall loosely in the mouth.

(I'm not a Literature & Latte employee. Just another user.)

To
Toooldnottowrite

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:49 pm Post

Thanks for the suggestion, Doc.
The functionality of Scrivener's auto-complete is adequate for my needs— with the exception of this one quirk re: accented initial-caps. Am hoping the LL team can improve upon this.

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:35 am Post

Scrivener's auto-complete function works for me with such words. The only trick in such cases is that you must hit a second letter to get any pop-up suggestions.

I wonder if you might instead be speaking about the auto-spell-correction function built into Mac OS? (In which, case, of course, Scrivener can't do anything about that.)

gr
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin