Can you export Scrivener Color Palette to new computer?

Mi
Micha
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:36 pm Post

Hi,

I'm slowly moving stuff to a new computer, including Scrivener. Both computers are Macs and I use/d Scrivener 3 on both. I've managed to export most of the Scrivener settings I needed from the old computer to the new (thanks folks, for your help).

But, I can't seem to find a way of exporting the Scrivener color palette that I had created for highlighting comments - I used custom names for certain colours and this is extremely useful to me.

I'd rather not recreate the Scrivener color palette on the new Scrivener software.
Is there a way of exporting this old Scrivener color palette?

Thanks and best all,
Micha.

sc
scshrugged
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:10 pm Post

If you're speaking of color sets:
macOS Tip
If you wish to share your colour sets with other users, or transfer them to another computer, you will find a file in your user Library folder, under Colors, named Scrivener.clr. Place this file into the same folder on the second computer and it should become instantly available.

^^^That reference is in a yellow tip box at the end of Sec. 18.5.1 in the Scrivener manual.

If the Library folder isn't visible, first > Open Finder > *Micha's Home Folder* > View menu (in the Finder menu bar) > Show View Options > tick the box for Show Library Folder.....

Then/or, Open Finder > *Micha's Home Folder* > Library > Colors > Scrivener.clr....
I'm a Scrivener user, not an L&L employee.

Mi
Micha
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:37 pm Post

Thanks SC - that works a charm. Much appreciated!
Reference to manual noted and very helpful.

Best,
Micha.