Can I just drag and drop chapters written in Pages into Scrivener?

sc
scshrugged
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:48 am Post

@Casuarina,

Chris Rosser has written an Apple Pages tutorial (includes page numbering) here:
https://chrisrosser.net/posts/2020/04/1 ... ple-pages/

It will at the least give you a good grounding.
I'm a Scrivener user, not an L&L employee.

lunk

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:17 am Post

Page numbers: click in the footer (or header) where you want them, and Insert -> Page number.

If you insert section breaks, you can decide if the numbering should continue or start from 1 or some other number.

There are lots of things you can do if you choose Document instead of Format in the format icon at the top right. Pages has become very good at layout.

And Pages can export as epub.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

rm
rms

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:18 am Post

Having done this sort of thing many times with teams of people writing "big" documents (we were using Word), use Word. This final print out for you is probably "final" and a one-time thing. Just use Word. you know how to do it. Get it done and get on to the next book!

Ca
Casuarina
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:48 am Post

Thanks for helpful comments to Lunk, RMS and SCShrugged

I will go back to Pages and finish it that way, instead of trying to learn something new at this stage.

There is a sense of urgency, as I have been working on this project for over a decade and I really want to finish it in case I get this dreadful virus and be unable to.

I do appreciate your help.

Stay healthy and live long.