How to set up Stylistic Sets (Alternative Letterforms) for Sanskrit, Unicode and Transliteration?

Shunyata
Platform: Mac

Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:52 am Post

This topic was brought up in 'ITRANS IAST Support, a thread posted in the Scrivener for Windows forum— https://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php

I'm using the Sanskrit Pro font for Sanskrit compositions and transliteration into Latin letterforms. Most of its character shapes are Unicode compliant. But it also offers some regional character variations that are outside of Unicode parameters.

Does Scrivener offer a way to accommodate Alternative Stylistic Typography Sets like the way Apple's Apps and Indesign does?

If not, what would be the best way to accommodate the specialized spacing requirements? Could it be done perhaps through Character Styling?

I'm also concerned about the word recognition issue that was outlined as follows in the above mentioned Thread.

For example the word "Prashna" in transliteration is written as Praśna. Scrivener marks it as spelling error. I added the word in dictionary but scrivener does not recognize it. Not only this scrivener does not even consider it as a single word. While learning or adding it from spelling dialog box, it marks "pr" as separate and "asna" as separate. It is happening with almost every word.

Please do advise

Thanks

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:23 am Post

Since that Font pane is provided by the system, and is accessed in Scrivener with Cmd-T, just as in other apps like TextEdit and Nisus Writer Pro, haven't you tried?

:)

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.6, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 14, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …