Virus Attack! or, Backing Up to the Cloud, Google Version

Ji
JimRac
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed May 13, 2020 3:29 pm Post

AmberV wrote:The system I use (Tresorit) allows me to have Scrivener’s automatic backup folder synced dynamically, so whenever I save or close a project the redundancy of having multiple backups, one of which is online, is something I don’t even think about: ⌘S and my involvement is complete.
Yes, exactly. My Scrivener backup folder, along with all the other data on my PC***, is synced to OneDrive. No fuss, no muss, completely passive. (***Except for my live Scrivener projects, which sync to DropBox.)
I’m just a customer.

rdale
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed May 13, 2020 3:54 pm Post

Wouldn't it be easier to just install the Google Drive "Backup and Sync" software, and point your Scrivener backups settings to the sync on your hard drive?
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

mb
mbbntu
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed May 13, 2020 4:48 pm Post

Yea, my practice is about the same as AmberV and JimRac, in that I have Scrivener preferences set up so that backups (which are all zipped) go to a folder that is synchronised to the cloud (OneDrive at the moment). But in addition to that I have Time Machine backups, and I also use BackBlaze.
You should judge people not by how close they get to the top, but by how far they have come from the bottom. Some people have a mountain to climb just to get to the place where others start out. (Me, 2010)

su
suavito
Platform: Mac

Wed May 13, 2020 5:17 pm Post

I'm using Tresorit too.

But whatever cloud service you pick—the automatic backup to zip feature of Scrivener and the options to chose when to backup and how many backups you want to keep keeps you from all the hassle once you have set it up.
Author’s Preface

I wrote this book in less than two hours. I think I’ve made as much of it as one could in such a short time.

Eugen Egner, Androids from Milk