Shortcuts problem under Catalina & 3.1.4 version

Da
Dandan
Platform: Mac

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:05 am Post

AmberV wrote:Thanks for checking that out, it will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks you a lot. but When the next update will be released ?

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:56 am Post

Dandan wrote:

L&L does not provide timeframes any longer.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Life has a way of moving you past wants and hopes

Da
Dandan

Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:58 am Post

devinganger wrote:
Dandan wrote:

Hi, thanks, but I'have this message when I try to update, so I dont even know if there is an update.

Update Error!
Scrivener can’t be updated when it’s running from a read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive. Move Scrivener to Applications folder using Finder, relaunch it from there, and try again.

Erreur pendant la mise à jour!
Scrivener ne peut pas être mis à jour quand il fonctionne à partir d’un volume en lecture seule, comme une image disque ou un lecteur optique. Déplacez Scrivener dans votre dossier Applications, relancez-le à partir de là et réessayez.

My Scrivener does not run on a volum or disk image or optical drive. The application is in Applications folder. I relaunch 14 times.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:27 am Post

kyh802 wrote:I’m having the same issues, not being able to use shortcut keys to change fonts. I’ve set my language to English, but that didn’t make a change.

I’m not sure if it would require setting your whole system to English or just Scrivener, so you might experiment with that.

Dandan wrote:My Scrivener does not run on a volum or disk image or optical drive. The application is in Applications folder. I relaunch 14 times.

There isn’t an update out that would fix this yet, but for future reference, if the automatic updater doesn’t work for whatever reason, just download the latest version from the website. The auto-update is purely for convenience, so there is no sense in trying to make it work because after one failure it is more convenient to download.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Da
Dandan

Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:04 am Post

Ok, thank you, I'll wait next update with Menlo.

Pe
PerlinP
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:09 pm Post

Like the other posters, my language is set on 'French' and my region on 'France'.
I have the same issue, that is Cmd+I and Cmd+B not working. Cmd+U works.
The same 'workaround' works : making Scrivener an English app in 'Langage and region'

Nota : I had the same issue with Scapple when I switched to Catalina (I posted that on the forum) but the problem just 'disappeared' on Thur 24 Oct (if I remember correctly) and Scapple works fine now...

Pe
PerlinP

Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:32 pm Post

Dandan wrote:
devinganger wrote:
Dandan wrote:Thanks you a lot. but When the next update will be released ?

Hi, thanks, but I'have this message when I try to update, so I dont even know if there is an update.

Update Error!
Scrivener can’t be updated when it’s running from a read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive. Move Scrivener to Applications folder using Finder, relaunch it from there, and try again.

Erreur pendant la mise à jour!
Scrivener ne peut pas être mis à jour quand il fonctionne à partir d’un volume en lecture seule, comme une image disque ou un lecteur optique. Déplacez Scrivener dans votre dossier Applications, relancez-le à partir de là et réessayez.

My Scrivener does not run on a volum or disk image or optical drive. The application is in Applications folder. I relaunch 14 times.

I don't know whether it is related to this issue. I use Alfred. When typing 'Scapple' or 'Scrivener' now, I've got those results since recently :

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:00 pm Post

As weird as that is, I don’t think that would cause a permission problem. Reason being, the /System/Volumes/Data file is a hard link to the root level of the operating system, meaning everything inside that folder is a mirror copy of the original. Thus, if you accidentally launch a program through its mirror copy in that path, it is the identical copy found in /Applications—which means if it can update itself it will update whether you launch it through /Applications or /System/Volumes/Data/Applications. If that makes no sense, think of it like Collections in Scrivener. You can list a piece of text twice, but if you edit it you edit the original words, whether you load it from the Binder or the collection.

Now as to why Apple has saw fit to create a hard link to the root level of the disk is beyond me! On the surface that seems like a really dumb thing to do, but I’m sure they have some reason to necessitate accessing data through that path instead of just using the root itself.

As for Butler, you might want to blacklist that Data path to avoid the index listing things twice.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Pe
PerlinP

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:18 pm Post

AmberV wrote:As for Butler, you might want to blacklist that Data path to avoid the index listing things twice.

Interesting. I did not know this option. Thx :-)

NB : the new Alfred (4) displays the app names only once. I've just updated it from Alfred 3 (free version).