Two 'Research' folders

mo
mogandbunny
Platform: Mac

Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:32 am Post

S.3.1.2

Some time ago i merged two databases and gradually whilst reorganising the content and deleting some duplicate folders I note I have two Research folders. I have tried deleting one of them of but trash is greyed out. Is there a way to delete it?

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:17 am Post

One of them is probably the ”official one” which you can’t delete. Have you tried deleting the other?
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

mo
mogandbunny
Platform: Mac

Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:56 am Post

Yes, I've tried deleting the other but to no avail

Having originated from two different projects surely they would both have been 'official'?

rdale
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 pm Post

mogandbunny wrote:S.3.1.2

Some time ago i merged two databases and gradually whilst reorganising the content and deleting some duplicate folders I note I have two Research folders. I have tried deleting one of them of but trash is greyed out. Is there a way to delete it?

You "merged" two "databases"? How did you accomplish this merge, and by "database", do you mean you had a scrivener project or two within some other software's database (Devonthink, for instance)?

If you imported one project into another via Scrivener's "File" menu, then this shouldn't have happened, and should probably be reported as a bug. But if you used some software external to Scrivener to merge two projects, then my guess is that you essentially duplicated the special folder for Research within the .scrivx xml.
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".