Inserting a photo in comments

mr
mrsf
Platform: Mac

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:20 pm Post

I tried to insert a photo in the comments (it is a .png) and it appeared to work but the photo itself did not appear. Using MacOs, Sierra. Is this possible--I don't want it in the body of the manuscript, it's just for my own reference. Thank you

KB
Site Admin

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:30 pm Post

No, comments do not support images. You can insert images into the notes area for reference, though, or you can import them into the project and have them as document bookmarks.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ma
matsgz
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:49 pm Post

If you have one image that refers to, illustrates or inspires a certain scene, you can also put it in the Synopsis, where you can choose between showing a text or an image.
Scribo ergo sum

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:49 pm Post

You can also wrap images in inline annotations in the main editor, if you would prefer them to be located with the text they pertain to. Unlike comments, annotations have most of the editing tools available to ordinary text.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

mr
mrsf

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:24 pm Post

KB wrote:No, comments do not support images. You can insert images into the notes area for reference, though, or you can import them into the project and have them as document bookmarks.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks Keith

mr
mrsf

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:24 pm Post

matsgz wrote:If you have one image that refers to, illustrates or inspires a certain scene, you can also put it in the Synopsis, where you can choose between showing a text or an image.

Appreciate this KB!

mr
mrsf

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:25 pm Post

AmberV wrote:You can also wrap images in inline annotations in the main editor, if you would prefer them to be located with the text they pertain to. Unlike comments, annotations have most of the editing tools available to ordinary text.

Amber, I'll give this a try, thank you!