Snapshot title

Th
Thyrfing
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:42 pm Post

Is there a way to tell the snapshot command to automatically set the document title as the snapshot title?
It's a little bit boring to type a (the) name manually. Every time I hit the command, I would like Scrivener to to this on it's own and not make me think about it.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for help!

KB
Site Admin

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:47 pm Post

Just hit cmd-5 to create an untitled snapshot without being prompted to enter a snapshot title. There is little point giving the snapshot title the title of the document, as it would be meaningless - you can only view snapshots pertaining to one document at a time anyway, so it's always obvious to which document the snapshots pertain. So if you aren't bothered about meaningful snapshot titles, just create untitled ones.
All the best,
Keith

Th
Thyrfing

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:51 pm Post

I've already seen this, but it makes me feel like loosing control..., but I see, this is the way I gotta go.

Thanks for your reply.

KB
Site Admin

Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:29 pm Post

Snapshots didn't even used to have titles at all, but just dates - so the title is purely optional. You're not losing control, because the dates are there. Or, you might be losing control, but it's nothing to do with the snapshots. :)
Best,
Keith