Annoying minor problem

RJ
RJWizard
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:07 pm Post

The dock icon for Scrivener morphed into the same icon as Mac's Mail program ( the paper with the ruler with the crossing pencil and brush - or pen can't tell). I removed Scriv from dock and then loaded into back onto the dock and it reverts to the same Mail icon. The icon in the Finder window is still the Scrivener icon.

Not the worst problem in the world. I Scrivener is on the right and Mail on the left, but it is not the right one!
Look out! It's the Muffin Man!

Bridey
Platform: Mac

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 pm Post

That's probably a macOS issue rather than a Scrivener one.

*Almost* certainly, removing the icon from the dock, rebooting the Mac, and then dragging the icon back to the dock will cure that problem.

You could also try opening Terminal and using the following command to relaunch/refresh the dock.

Code: Select all

killall Dock

RJ
RJWizard
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 am Post

Bridey wrote:That's probably a macOS issue rather than a Scrivener one.

*Almost* certainly, removing the icon from the dock, rebooting the Mac, and then dragging the icon back to the dock will cure that problem.

Code: Select all

killall Dock

Ah, it was not Scrivener. The last Mac Update didn't restart my computer when it was done and had actually replaced the Mail and Scrivener icons with the Google Docs icon. When I restarted the problem went away for both.

Thanks!

Forget about restarting the computer thing. Remember having to do it 29,000,000 times a day for Windows. A lost art on me now.
Look out! It's the Muffin Man!