Can individual documents "remember" their Inspector tab?

Mi
Michael Shapiro
Platform: Mac

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:30 am Post

This is more a time-saving luxury than necessity, but I'm curious whether there's a setting somewhere that allows the particular Inspector tab last selected (Notes, Bookmarks, etc.) to be automatically reselected with the document.

In other words, if Chapter42 last had the Notes tab open in the Inspector, and ResearchDoc55 last had the Document Bookmarks selected, selecting either of those documents would switch the Inspector to the corresponding tab.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:13 pm Post

There’s no setting for that, sorry to say. If you don’t mind using the keyboard, you might check out the Navigate/Inspect submenu. I use those shortcuts all of the time as I’m always bouncing from one tab to the other. It could be because of that I don’t notice much friction in switching tabs.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Mi
Michael Shapiro
Platform: Mac

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:09 am Post

AmberV wrote:There’s no setting for that, sorry to say. If you don’t mind using the keyboard, you might check out the Navigate/Inspect submenu. I use those shortcuts all of the time as I’m always bouncing from one tab to the other. It could be because of that I don’t notice much friction in switching tabs.

Thanks! That's a great idea and would no doubt mitigate the (minor) pain.