Papers 3 citations working in Scrivener 3?

kodamapixel
Platform: Mac

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:21 pm Post

lunk wrote:That’s not at all my experience. I have gotten quick replies to my questions and even got help to create an Apple script for exporting annotations with complete reference.

Perhaps I'm a difficult customer then (quite likely). I had half a dozen unresolved tickets in Papers, before ReadCube replaced the support system. I agree that support was responsive to queries, I just got the impression they were struggling to keep up with demand and things fell through the cracks.

David Munch

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 pm Post

kodamapixel wrote:
lunk wrote:That’s not at all my experience. I have gotten quick replies to my questions and even got help to create an Apple script for exporting annotations with complete reference.

Perhaps I'm a difficult customer then (quite likely). I had half a dozen unresolved tickets in Papers, before ReadCube replaced the support system. I agree that support was responsive to queries, I just got the impression they were struggling to keep up with demand and things fell through the cracks.

Sort of the same experience from me.
I've been following Mekentosj closely since Papers 1, and had several tickets that were never resolved. But on top of that, Papers 1, 2 and 3 is some of the most unstable and bug-ridden software I've ever encountered, making it painful to work with until you learned how to get around them. QA was definitely not a concept Mekentosj is aware of.

I am hopeful that Readcube handles the application much better, but due to their software-as-a-service model (ie. subscription), I am not sure I will ever use it. I am currently settled in Papers 2 (I've never been able to use Papers 3 for more than 5 minutes without seeing it crash) and know most of its quirks by heart, and can probably get by with it for a long time if it doesn't break with an OS upgrade.

ba
barbudo

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:16 pm Post

Hi Papers and Scrivener users,

After the last Papers update I found a really unfortunate issue: every time I format my manuscript, Papers changes the font of my citations and bibliography to Helvetica.

I tested this with older documents correctly formatted with Papers to figure out if it was a Word paragraphs style issue, and I can confirm that this is a Papers problem.

I tried also downgrading Word to version 15.40 but the problem persists. Could anyone confirm this situation?

Thanks for your help!

kh
khilari

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:01 pm Post

06nH wrote:For those still holding on to Papers3 - there is now an official update 3.4.16 that lets you cite in Scrivener 3.

I am on Papers 3.4.18 and have recently upgraded to Scrivener 3, but Magic Citations does not work. It appears, then when attempting to insert the cite key, nothing actually happens.
Same deal with Word (Office 365).

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:05 pm Post

KB found a solution in a similar thread. Scroll down a bit in this thread. :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54450&view=unread&sid=25b5840ebd2cf0b240810933aa63dcc3#unread
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS