No longer "prints" to Scrivener

Su
Sunranger
Platform: Mac

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 am Post

For the last two years I've made extensive use of "printing" from Firefox and Safari to Scrivener. For those of you who use this, you know that a PDF version ends up in the Scrivener project that is currently active.

My problem: for the last several months, when I select "Print to Scrivener", instead of saving the PDF file it PRINTS to my printer.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Anyone found a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help!

mikehalloran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:55 am Post

What Mac OS?
Musician, Author, Editor

Sc
ScriverTid

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 pm Post

The Print dialogue box has always offered the PDF option (button lower left, at least as far as Mavericks). Has that button disappeared?

auxbuss

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:05 pm Post

The option is Save PDF to Scrivener which adds a PDF to the Research folder of the open Scrivener project.

I just tested this (with this page in Firefox) on latest Scrivener and 10.13.1, and it worked okay.

Su
Sunranger

Wed May 09, 2018 2:11 am Post

Thanks for the replies. I went off, got it work, then it doesn't work again, then got it to work temporarily again. Using Mac 10.13.4 High Sierra. If I'm the only one with the problem, perhaps it's a special feature on my machine. Thanks anyway.

KB
Site Admin

Wed May 09, 2018 12:44 pm Post

One thing you can try is this:

1. Quit Scrivener.

2. In the Finder, navigate to ~/Library/PDF Services (you need to hold down Option while opening the "Go" menu in the Finder to make the Library folder available in the list).

3. Delete the "Save PDF to Scrivener" file.

4. Relaunch Scrivener.

This will force Scrivener to recreate the service.

Also make sure that you do not have any other versions of Scrivener installed on your machine.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Su
Sunranger

Wed May 09, 2018 3:37 pm Post

Thanks. Went through all the steps, and it still doesn't work in Firefox (my preferred browser).

HOWEVER, when I tested it with WORD and SAFARI, it works perfectly. Perhaps I inadvertently switched something in Firefox a few months ago.

Regardless, with Safari I can work around it now.

Thanks!