Images on corkboard

antony

Thu May 01, 2008 9:41 am Post

Actually, I'm not sure if that is possible. The corkboard representation of the image is just an icon. And remember that the displayed size of an index card will change if you alter the width of the inspector and/or the "cards across" setting.

Scriv would have to do some fairly nifty on-the-fly calculations to make an image always fill its index card icon perfectly, and even then it would rarely be a perfect fit.
Antony Johnston
antonyjohnston.com

Ma
Maelduin

Thu May 01, 2008 10:40 am Post

Thanks, Antony.

Ma
Maelduin

Sat May 03, 2008 8:21 am Post

By the way, can anyone help with another question on images?

I find that when I drag an image to the Inspector from the Binder, it arrives as an underlined title, rather than as an image.

Same thing when I drag it from the editing pane in the centre to the Inspector.

(I'm talking here about the 'Document Notes' section in the bottom of the Inspector, and the Drafts folder in the Binder.)

If I feck around a bit, I can finally get the image to display reliably in the Inspector's Document Notes for that document, but I'm not sure what I'm doing.

What should I be doing to get the image to display in the Document Notes window in Inspector for a particular document?

This is a very handy psychological aid for writing characters: if you can get an image that looks like your initial idea of the character, it's there nudging you as you expand information about that character.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat May 03, 2008 10:11 am Post

Provided you've only got one file selected, they should get dropped in as images - unless you have the Option key held down. Holding the Option key down whilst dropping an image into the text or notes will cause it to be dropped as a Scrivener Link instead, which is what you are describing.
Best,
Keith

MacDavid
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:23 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Yes, the media has to be imported directly into the Binder to show up on the Corkboard as a "Polaroid," not embedded in a document. To adjust the size (and rotation) of an image that has been loaded into the editor, double-click the image. Same goes for embedded images, by the way. You'll get a different looking tool, but you can manipulate how big an image is in a text document this way.

hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to get a "polaroid-ed" corkboard with all my images embedded in my text files (documents). I mean: i write my screenplay with some photo screens inside, and i'd like to show theses pictures in my corkboard, just like a storyboard but with text inside.

I can import images directly to the binder, but i can't put text before or after...

I checked "Show media files as photographs on corkboard" in my preferences, but this works only for texts with only images inside. I would like to mix both (images and texts).

All my thanks,
David
Author of http://www.prisonvalley.com, a webdocumentary proudly written with Scrivener ;-) World Press Photo Non-Linear Program Award-winner 2011 (look at the table in the motel and you'll find a clue...) Scrivener under Ubuntu 16.10

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:15 pm Post

No, there's no way to do this, I'm afraid. 2.0 will allow for a way of having any arbitrary document displayed as an image on the corkboard, though.

All the best,
Keith

MacDavid
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:30 am Post

KB wrote:No, there's no way to do this, I'm afraid. 2.0 will allow for a way of having any arbitrary document displayed as an image on the corkboard, though.

Dear Keith, this is a very very great news for the 2.0 because this is a way to think diffently our projects. I mean, the «storyboard style» could be very useful and attractive.

Can't wait for the 2.0 ,-)

Thank you again.
David
Author of http://www.prisonvalley.com, a webdocumentary proudly written with Scrivener ;-) World Press Photo Non-Linear Program Award-winner 2011 (look at the table in the motel and you'll find a clue...) Scrivener under Ubuntu 16.10