"Open Recent" and "Recent Projects" not working regularly after update

om
omsc

Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:02 pm Post

Hi All,

Hardly a major problem; just a little annoying. When I open Scrivener and go the dropdown menu that normally allows me open recent projects there is nothing there; the same thing happens when I open a project and want to open another: I go to file and "recent projects" shows nothing. It's a useful feature and bothersome I cannot get it working. This behavior has only been since the recent update. It does not happen all the time, just most of the time. I use Scrivener seven days a week.

Thanks

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:14 pm Post

I would double-check the settings for this, in the General System Preference pane (toward the bottom). If it is already set to something reasonable, try setting it to something else and then back again, maybe it is stuck.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

om
omsc

Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:48 am Post

Thanks. I am looking in Preferences and it's not clear to what it is in your instructions, i.e. "If it is already set to something reasonable, try setting it to something else and then back again, maybe it is stuck." I don't see anything about Open Recent or Recent Projects. I am sure it's right there and I am missing, but please do let me know.

Thanks

Hu
Hugh
Platform: Mac

Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:38 am Post

Just to check - you are looking in the "General" pane of your Mac's System Preferences (not Scrivener's Preferences), aren't you? "Recent items", with a drop-down menu, is to be found at the foot of that pane. For some strange reason (as Ioa says), since OS 10.10 or 10.9, it has sometimes been necessary - after upgrading the operating system - to change the number in that drop-down menu and then change it back to what you want it to be, in order for the Scrivener "Recent Projects" feature to work.
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

om
omsc

Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:06 pm Post

Thanks for clearing that up; it never occurred to me I was to be looking anywhere else but Scrivener. I found it. But changing it does not seem to work: I've changed it to multiple, different numbers; each time I close preferences and reopen it reverts back to none. Perhaps rebooting will do it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction in any case. I will keep trying!

om
omsc

Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:14 pm Post

Rebooting my Mac seems to have solved the problem. Thanks again for the help. Have a good weekend