Changing Chapter One to Chapter 1...

Ju
Just Write

Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:31 pm Post

I used to be able to change the wording of chapters, but for the life of me, I can't seem to do that any longer. I used to do this before I compiled anything.

I'm putting together short stories, and want to rename Chapters to the title of the story.

What am I missing? Thank you in advance!

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:08 pm Post

Yes, these are set up in the Formatting compile option pane, before you compile. The “Title” checkbox is for showing the Binder name in the output, and if you want to add or remove generic “Chapter X” text, you’d do that in the title prefix/suffix fields, within the Section Layout button in that pane. Hopefully that reminds you of where you were before. :)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ju
Just Write

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:30 pm Post

Now I'm getting nothing. No chapter heading at all.

This is what I have set...

but no matter what I select, Level 1+ (folder) or anything else. the best I get is the chapter to the extreme left in bold, no spaces between it and the body.

Where have I gone wrong?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 3.13.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 3.13.25 PM.png (126.07 KiB) Viewed 568 times

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:09 pm Post

but no matter what I select, Level 1+ (folder) or anything else. the best I get is the chapter to the extreme left in bold, no spaces between it and the body.

Could you describe the steps you are taking? I see a screenshot of what all folders in the Draft should look like, and I don’t see a left-aligned bold title here, so what is this comment in reference to?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles