UPDATE: "Untitled Document"

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:09 am Post

that should be in the title, lead sentence of each paragraph and all prefaces of ANYTHING i write.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

po
pooks

Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:26 am Post

I hope it's not too late to tag along with this line of questioning...

I have struggled for two days trying to get rid of 'untitled document' and/or fix my compilation issues the only way I could get them to work in the past, and have finally found that there IS no way to get rid of it--

Except, as you say, to put a blank space in.

That causes a problem in my ToC, which is where all my problems arise.

I am assembling ebooks for a novel. My chapters don't have titles. I either end up with "Chapter One" twice--once in the folder and once in the document, or untitled 'whatever' showing up in one or both places, depending on how I attempt to compile.

I have left the document without a title in the past so that Chapter One would be provided by the Folder and not duplicated in the ToC with the document. Now I have part of the ToC single-spaced--things like copyright page and dedication--and the chapters double-spaced.

Please tell me how to compile and have a professional looking ToC since I don't have titles for the chapters. I'm at my wit's end.

Thanks.

We
Werner
Platform: Mac

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:49 pm Post

Inserting a space doesn't work. Another invisible character does. I tried alt-space (the 'unbreaking space' and that works.