Project Replace crash

cr
crimewriter

Sun May 12, 2013 4:45 pm Post

I've just started a new project and keep changing my mind about characters' names. I know that others have reported the Scrivener crash when trying to use Project Replace and I wondered when the promised solution in the next upgrade would be available.
Some quiet night when you've shirked your work because of fatigue or distraction, open a window of your house and listen. Do you hear that distant clicking sound? That's one of your competitors, pecking away at his keyboard in Paris or London or Erie, PA

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon May 13, 2013 3:35 pm Post

I'll make a beta available soon. Are you on 10.6 or below?
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Pe
Penrefe
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon May 13, 2013 6:38 pm Post

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in here instead of making a new thread.

I am also getting this problem, and I am on 10.6.8

Does this problem occur on the Windows version? I do have Scrivener for PC, so I should be able to restore the backup on it and run what I can't on the Mac, right? Or is there any reason I shouldn't do that?

cr
crimewriter

Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 pm Post

Yes, I'm on 10.6.8, too. (Sorry, meant to put that in my OP.)

I'm happy to wait for the update. (Always happy using Scrivener: it feels like part of my brain these days, and one of the few efficient parts, at that.)

cw
Some quiet night when you've shirked your work because of fatigue or distraction, open a window of your house and listen. Do you hear that distant clicking sound? That's one of your competitors, pecking away at his keyboard in Paris or London or Erie, PA