Something wrong with my full-screen view...

Cadence
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:06 pm Post

Hi. :)
Something weird happened to my full screen mode.
Today, while working on a project, I switched to full-screen using the keyboard shortcuts. I might have clicked the wrong keys, 'cause I was looking at the monitor, not at the keyboard. Scrivener crashed. When I re-opened the project, Scrivener wouldn't switch documents in the editor window (when I tried to switch between different documents in the binder, it kept showing the same document -- the uppermost, i.e. the first, in the "Draft" folder)).
I restored a backup of the project I made yesterday when everything was working okay. Scrivener opened it, and I could switch between binder documents again, but the full-screen view was messed up (see attachment): the ruler keeps showing.
I uninstalled Scrivener with AppZapper, then reinstalled a newly downloaded version. Full Screen is still showing the ruler. :shock:
Help?
Attachments
full screen screenshot.jpg
full screen screenshot.jpg (456.68 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Cady.
Procrastination Dominatrix, Duchess of Delayshire, & Lady Protector of the Brown-throated Three-toed Sloth.

Cadence

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:08 pm Post

And I bet someone's gonna tell me, "oh, just click CMD+OPT+something and it'll go away". :oops: Sorry if it's just something silly again. I just don't know how to fix it. :?
Cady.
Procrastination Dominatrix, Duchess of Delayshire, & Lady Protector of the Brown-throated Three-toed Sloth.

MimeticMouton

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:12 pm Post

I'm running out the door, so I apologize if the brevity comes out as flippant, but did you try just turning off the ruler while in full screen? cmd-R
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Cadence

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:16 pm Post

Yay!
Did I tell you that I owe you my firstborn?
Now I owe you two firstborns! :D :D
Cady.

Jaysen

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 pm Post

I was going to suggest that you start by getting Le D's green etherial body out of your monitor.

I would be interested in how you have perfected cloning firstborns. Is it only firstborns that can be cloned?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Cadence

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:11 pm Post

Well, Jaysen, :D cloning firstborns is a tricky business. It involves such things as chanting "Revolution 9" backwards, painting a pentagram on the living room floor with strawberry Jell-O, and headless chickens. I wouldn't recommend it to the non-practicing chicken. Um, Wiccan.
Cady.

Jaysen

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:13 pm Post

But do you get to fry the chicken afterward? If so I know some southerners that might swing by for a for dinner. They will bring the mashed sweet-potatoes.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

bargonzo

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm Post

Cady,

Well, it wasn't all for nought: I used your screenshot to go to the source of your wallpaper and see a whole bunch of new fractals (new to me, anyway). Thanks!

bargle
Imagine this very elaborate scientific lie: that sound cannot travel through outer space. Well, but suppose it can.

Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Cadence

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:12 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:But do you get to fry the chicken afterward? If so I know some southerners that might swing by for a for dinner. They will bring the mashed sweet-potatoes.

Sure, I can handle fried. Tell 'em southern boys to come on over.

bargonzo wrote:Well, it wasn't all for nought: I used your screenshot to go to the source of your wallpaper and see a whole bunch of new fractals (new to me, anyway). Thanks!

Welcome! :D
Cady.