Synopsis to text

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Errr: Okay, RTF too then. :)

Whoops, I edited that out because it happened with PDF too... ;)
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

wa
watchit

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:36 am Post

I'd love to see this feature as a two way street. I like to work in a similar way and have found myself doing a lot of cutting & pasting from Synopsis to Text.

sp
spinningdoc

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 am Post

AmberV wrote:The absolute easiest way to do this is to compile out just Titles and Synopsis using the plain MultMarkdown compiler. Then use the `File/Import/MultiMarkdown File...` menu command to select the compiled file. This will reproduce all of your outline structure and place the content of the synopsis cards into the text area for each item.

Since synopsis are plain-text anyway, there is no harm in using MMD (which is plain-text).

Is there a similar way to do the reverse? I don't use MMD usually so I'm not au fait with how it works.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:26 pm Post

What do you mean, the reverse, putting text content into synopsis cards? Sure. Just use the `Documents/Auto-Generate Synopsis` command from right within Scrivener.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

sp
spinningdoc

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 am Post

Actually, I, um mis-spoke. What I want to do is transfer main text to notes, en masse.

AmberV

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:03 am Post

Oh, there is no way to do that that I can think of. Nothing populates the Notes field automatically. Maybe snapshots would be better for this---especially since they are in the inspector now?
Ioa Petra'ka

ge
geoffh

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:14 am Post

AmberV wrote:What do you mean, the reverse, putting text content into synopsis cards? Sure. Just use the `Documents/Auto-Generate Synopsis` command from right within Scrivener.

That's a great command to know about to know about.

But... I can feel it yearning for its mirror twin --`Synopses/Auto-Generate Documents` :wink:

geoff

AmberV

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:08 am Post

We'll have that one ready in version 4.5, along with the Compile option which is just a checkbox at the top: "Auto-Generate Novel".
Ioa Petra'ka

sp
spinningdoc

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:26 pm Post

It's no more complicated than 'autogenerate synopses' though is it? Just an automated, iterative, cutting and pasting in effect.

MimeticMouton

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:37 pm Post

Ioa's talking about the fully conscious version of Scrivener that will take your half-baked ideas plopped in the synopsis card and formulate entire Nobel-prize-winning scenes out of them for you. It's much more complicated than a simple text generation! But Keith, Ioa and Mr. Stengel are working on it as we speak. :)

(I'm just sleep-deprived and procrastinating. I cannot answer for the actual difficulty of including a basic reverse auto-generate synopsis in Scrivener, as I would not be coding it. I'm just here to entertain myself.)
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Fluff
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:49 pm Post

MimeticMouton wrote: I'm just here to entertain myself.)
Would this be an example of, Adult Themed Entertainment? Human adult, of course.
Sent from Pangur ban's Astral iPad

MimeticMouton

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:11 pm Post

Fluff wrote:Would this be an example of, Adult Themed Entertainment? Human adult, of course.

Perhaps it depends on the human. 8) You've had too much catnip, my fluffy friend.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

AmberV

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:13 pm Post

I've seen pictures of what Fluff has to do to get catnip. You'd be sore about life, too.
Ioa Petra'ka

Jaysen

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:16 pm Post

And you would need to find a bottle of brain bleach.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage