How to bring order to chaos

Lord Lightning

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:59 pm Post

I wonder if VoodoPad Pro might be a simple solution for you.

http://flyingmeat.com/

:D
Lord Lightning

I'm a writer. I create worlds!
When I make a declarative statement it applies to ME. Not to everyone.

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am Post

Greetings My Lord,
Your presence amongst your lowly and unworthy subjects, doth bring joy and reassurance unto our palpitaters. Is your fettle of good vintage, Sire, are you well?

Oft times, my Lord, for woeful want of Your intellectual guidance and stimulation, the Good Ship Scrivener, doth all but flounder, upon the granite hard rocks of puerility/asininity. Your bounteous wisdom is sorely missed my Liege.
I am as always, Sire, Your most unworthy servant.
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Aisling13

Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:15 am Post

Could someone say more about how you use Curio and Scrivener to complement each other in
way laying chaos, so it is fecund rather than ghastly?

thanks so much,

laurel aka ...... :wink: :| :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :twisted: :( :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

the overly enthusiastic ersatz smileys are meant to communicate that perchance boggarts are confounding the chaos.

enjoy the writing

Aisling aka Laurel

http://aislingnano.wordpress.com/2009/1 ... serenades/

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:20 am Post

Tá Starstuff gnóthach, 'waylaying chaos'.
Did you use wand or sledghammer
Bí prodigious Starstuff.
Slàinte Mhath.
StarRider
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

ma
martieh
Platform: Mac

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:38 pm Post

Something I did in my first book in Scrivener and it seems to still be working for me is the way I name my binder/scene files. As is the case with some books the timeline for the first few days is tight so I started out just brainstorming as many scenes (merely plot-points) as I could abbreviating names. After I had about 50 scene files I determined appropriate chunks and plopped them into a folder with a concept in mind.)

Then as I determined when each scene would happen I named the files Mo1 T disc body that's short for monday of first week, Tom discovers dead body. The second section of files take place the second half of the first week, the third group of folders the second week, so those files will start Tu2 T meets Barb or whatever. The remaining folders are further down in the ms so I probably don't have a feel for when they will happen exactly.

This gives me a real birdseye view of the timeline of my scenes. Then when I decide a scene needs to happen the second day, I drag it to the spot after Mo1 Tdisc body and rename it with Tu1 in front of the file name. This has helped me tremendously to keep track of the action at a glance.

Now that I'm over halfway through this ms I'm going to set up keywords and use them to analyze and go forward with less chaos, hopefully.
Martieh
Livia Quinn
I am a long time Scrivener user, writing romance fiction
~Scrivener 3 on a Mac Air 13” and Mac Mini 27”Mohave
~ iOS Scrivener iPhone 8 and iPad Pro 9.7”